Pitt Honors Discussion 2025

The honors group connected through the FaceBook page for Class of 2025. Someone created a snapchat group and set it up from there.

2 Likes

I think premed is hard anywhere, but keeping GPA up during upper level Chemistry classes has been challenging for some students and they end up retaking classes (she is TA in organic chem). Pitt’s opportunities for research and hospital volunteering have been wonderful. Congrats!

2 Likes

Yes I have also read great things regarding the opportunities that Pitt has to offer their pre-med students and that too as undergraduates. Your D sounds like a wonderfull kid. You must be very proud of her. Has your D taken her MCAT’s yet? Is Pitt med school one of her top choices? Does Pitt med school give any preference to their own graduates?

D18 will test this summer and begin application process, Pitt is on her list, but I’m not sure if there is a bump for Pitt undergrad
good luck with the decisions.

1 Like

We selected Pre med as a major on U Pittsburgh application initially as we were trying for BSMD route . Now that we need to enroll in UG at Pittsburgh , how do we let them know our major choice?

Major at Dietrich School is not declared till Sophomore year. Though your acceptance letter would have indicated your potential major one doesn’t really declare it till later. This way kids have chance to take some classes and then figure out what major really interests them.

1 Like

My C is a dual enrollment student and so did a lot of college level courses . What is the process of getting his transcript evaluated to figure out which credits are accepted at Pittsburgh (Premed).

I think the academic advisor will help determine how credits are accepted, students will also have a premed advisor to help them determine prerequisite requirements as they move through their undergrad program.

1 Like

https://admissions.pitt.edu/first-year-student/ap-ib-credit/

This might help. Take a look.

1 Like

Thank you

Any of you who did the admitted students tour at UPitt -
How many hours was the whole event ?

I heard it is 5 students and 1 guest per each admitted student .

My son and husband toured last week, it took a little over an hour.

1 Like

Thanks

For the kids accepted to Pitt Honors is the Sutherland Hall dorm a guarantee? The reason I am asking is because my D has joined the fb admitted students group and is getting to know other kids and is hopeful she can find a roommate interested in living at Sutherland.

1 Like

Yes, they are guaranteed housing in Sutherland. https://www.honorscollege.pitt.edu/frequently-asked-questions?fbclid=IwAR1lYmerq17fuGZ_7LJLbg24sV0dGQgAWCEqF8ig_Yk3Tj7vN-l0ShdtngY

3 Likes

Any hotel suggestions near U Pitt to stay for one night for the college tour ?

1 Like

I have heard Oaklander (Marriott) is right on campus and is really nice.

1 Like

We are staying a the Oaklander tomorrow night. They take pets so we are brining our puppers. My husband will stay back while my son and I take the tour.

2 Likes

We stayed here last weekend, ten minutes from campus and a great rate. https://www.tryppittsburgh.com/

BlockquoteHey everyone, got an email at 12 today giving me a link to admission documents. logged in to see via employee monitoring software “award letter” from pitt honors saying I was waitlisted, but dated 2/12. thought it was weird that it was called an award letter when i didn’t get in and that the email came 2 days later

It’s really weird that it’s called honors
 I didn’t get an email about honors, but she emailed to ask and heard she was accepted