Pitt nursing and distance nursing electives

<p>I have been accepted to the School of Nursing for next fall. I'd like to take Introduction to Sociology as an elective through my local community college this spring. My high school has a dual enrollment program with them. Ideally, I would like to take this class as distance learning so that it doesn't interfere with other high school obligations that I have in the evening.</p>

<p>My concern is whether or not this class will transfer to the School of Nursing. I know for certain that it will if I actually sit for the class, but cannot get anyone from Pitt Nursing to respond directly to my question.</p>

<p>Has anyone had any specific experience with this?</p>

<p>My daughter is a nursing student at Pitt. She took Intro to Sociology online through a community college the summer after her freshman year. They do accept the credits, but it must be pre approved before you take the class. I seem to recall her having a similar problem, wanting to take English comp at a local university the summer before starting Pitt. We were unable to get through to anyone who could give actual approval, so she dropped the idea.I assume you have called the school of nursing directly?</p>

<p>Yes, we have called the School of Nursing directly and are yet to hear back from the person who can ultimately give me the “yes” or “no” on this one.</p>

<p>At least I know now from you that it can be done. Did your daughter take any other classes through the community college?</p>