Please chance me for these schools, thank you.

<p>Hey please chance me and be nice about it, no rude or condescending comments. Thank you all. :)</p>

<p>Gender: F
College Class Year: 2015
High School: Public
High School Type: hardly sends kids to ivy's, 1 kid just got into yale which hasn't happened in 15 years...amazing.
Income: 200 K +
Will apply for financial aid: Yes, large family :/</p>

<p>Academics:</p>

<p>GPA - Unweighted: 3.70
GPA - Weighted: 4.175
Class Rank: top 13%
Class Size: 802</p>

<p>Scores:</p>

<p>SAT I Math: 620
SAT I Critical Reading: 620
SAT I Writing: 660
(2010)
ACT: 27
SAT II Math 1: 600
SAT II Biology M: 550 :/</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:</p>

<p>Old Bridge Model United Nations (Model UN); 11th-12th grade; 2 hrs/ 40 wks; President and Founder (11th); Vice President (12th). Model UN is a simulation of the United Nations assembly. President- I presided over weekly meetings and assigned countries and topics to delegates. Vice President- I am in charge of club membership and coordinating fundraising events. </p>

<p>Rotary Interact Club; 9th-12th grade; 2 hrs/ 20 wks; Secretary (12th); As a member of Interact I participated in several community service based events from Bingo night at the Old Bridge Senior Center to the Annual Food Drive held at Old Bridge High School. Secretary- in charge of club membership.</p>

<p>Muslim Student Association (MSA); 9th-12th grade; 2 hrs/ 40 wks; 40 weeks per year. MSA is a religious based club that focuses on open debates that help bridge the gap between different religions. </p>

<p>Habitat for Humanity: 10th-12thgrade; 2 hrs/ 20 wks; Vice President of Fundraising (12th). As a member of Habitat for Humanity, I have participated in fundraising events that have helped save money for donations to the Chile Habitat for Humanity chapter which works to build houses in poverty stricken areas in Chile. Vice President of Fundraising- In charge of fundraising events.</p>

<p>Pre-Medical Honors Program/ (UMDNJ) - University of Medicine
and Dentistry/ New Jersey Medical School; Wednesdays (Oct.7 – Dec.9); 11th grade;
6 hrs/ 9 wks; participated in formal lectures, seminars, small group discussions and learned about the different medical professions </p>

<p>Mini Medical School Program for High School Students Achieving Excellence in the Sciences/ UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School; Wednesdays- (Feb.24 – April 18); 11th grade; 4hrs/ 6 wks; attended several seminars and lectures and sampled the medical school curriculum.</p>

<p>Dr Gil and Gil Office; 11th grade; 3 hrs/ 36 wks; Medical Assistant; Shadowed Dr. Gil and assisted him in the office by taking patients’ blood pressure, height, and weight, and filed patients’ documents. Worked with Dr. Gil as a research assistant on his research project titles “Diabetes control”. I assembled patients’ names, ages, and data, organized them in the computer and documented his findings.</p>

<p>The Science, Medicine and Related Topics Program (SMART)/ UMDNJ- NJ Medical School; Saturdays–(Jan. 23 – March 27); 11th grade; 3 hrs/ 10 wks; Explored the field of Forensics Science, and different types of careers in the field of Forensics. </p>

<p>Raritan Bay Medical Center; 10th -11th grade; 3 hrs/ 20 wks; Junior Volunteer;
Assisted Therapist in the Physical Therapy Department and ran several errands.</p>

<p>Bayshore Community Hospital; 12th grade; 3 hrs/ 52 wks; Junior Volunteer;
Mondays and Fridays; Discharged patients, filed papers, and ran several other errands. </p>

<p>Old Bridge Public Library; 11th -12th grade; 6 hrs/ 40 wks; I volunteer as a Teen Assistant. Volunteered during the summer in the Summer Reading Program.</p>

<p>Annual Hispanic Health Fairs ~ Coalition of Hispanic Physicians (May 2009 & May 2010); 10th-11th grade; 6hrs/ 1wk; Volunteer; Helped organize the event with a team of doctors and volunteers. Participated in a research project on “Osteoporosis among the Latino population” (2009) Assisted in the osteoporosis screening and documented physicians’ findings. Participated a research project on “Cervical Cancer among the Latino population” (2010). I assisted in the Pap smear screening, and documented the findings.</p>

<p>World Affairs Youth Seminar ~ Auburn University- Auburn, AL; Summer 2010; (July 18-23); Leadership program for High School students interested in International Studies and the United Nations. Model UN sessions took place daily and students were assigned a country and topic to represent.</p>

<p>Women2Women International Conference ~ Lesley University – Boston, MA; Summer of 2010; Full time/ 1 wk; Attended several seminars, workshops, and lectures on leadership building and female empowerment. Helped me to design an action plan to tackle Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) in Sudan. The plan will be implemented by 2012.</p>

<p>Travel to Sudan, Africa; Summer of 2008; (June 28 – Aug. 29): Full time/ 5 wks; Visited my relatives and spend time discover my ancestors’ culture. Volunteered as an English Teacher’s Assistant at all-girl middle school in a village called “Umarahi”.</p>

<p>Awards:
Pre-Medical Honors Program graduated with Honors
National Honor Society (12th grade)
Science National Honor Society (11th – 12th grade)
Art National Honor Society (11th- 12th grade)
Old Bridge High School Science Student of the Month (9th grade)</p>

<p>Hooks: African-American (Sudanese)
Recs: Amazing, I'm sure
Essays: Very personal but amazing. I wrote about FGM and my experience with that and tied in the Women2women conference and my action plan.</p>

<p>Chance me:
TOP CHOICE:</p>

<p>PRINCETON ~ (I wan't to go so badly, I just love love the school)</p>

<p>~~~
Harvard
Johns Hopkins
Tufts
Cornell
Rice
George Washington
Brown
Duke
Northwestern
Dartmouth
Emory
UVA
Washington U in St. Louis</p>

<p>Already got into:
Rutgers
Howard
Drexel
Drew
UMKC ~ waiting for med program reply</p>

<p>count yourself out of all the ivy. just being honest.</p>

<p>Don’t count yourself out of all ivies, especially Cornell. You don’t have a GREAT chance at those top schools but I think you’ll have options come acceptance season</p>

<p>Congratulations on your performance in hs and your acceptances. I think you will have many options come April, but I think you should consider taking the ACT again. The February date can be used for some of the colleges you listed. But don’t count yourself out of the ivies, like aayaa1 I think you have a good shot a Cornell–you ECs and GPA are pretty solid.</p>