please chance me for UW Madison EA 2020!

homeschooled 16-year-old. lives on the u.s. territory of guam. half pacific islander, half russian (white).

ACT: 31
GPA: 3.95 out of 4.00
classes: i took 3 honors classes for the past three years (algebra 2, spanish 2, and geometry). for senior year, i am taking 4 dual enrollment classes (freshman composition, principles of economics, marine biology, and general psychology).

extracurriculars:
-concert band: i have been a part of this concert band since 2014. i was the youngest person in history to achieve a musician’s rank and the youngest in history to become musician’s council president. in 2017, i traveled with the band to carnegie hall in NYC and won gold at a music festival. also, in 2017, i was a featured soloist in this band’s anniversary concert.
-youth orchestra: in 2017, was appointed as principal flutist. i was also one of the section leaders for the woodwinds. in spring 2019, performed in a featured duet performance.
-non-profit organization: in feb 2019, joined a non-profit organization which provides enrichment activities for children with mental health challenges. i participated in the youth activities committee and the public relations committee.
-christmas concert for senior citizens: in winter 2017, i coordinated and directed a christmas concert for my local senior citizen center. i will also be doing that this month (dec 2019)
-music festival: was a very involved performer ever since 2013. in spring 2019, joined the volunteer team
-pit orchestra: i participated in three pit orchestras (les mis, hairspray, and shrek)

i wrote my personal essay on how my intense stage fright made me acknowledge that my perfectionist mindset was harming me. i wrote how i worked hard to overcome my perfectionsim, embrace and learn from my mistakes, accept my flawed self, and how this growth inspired me to pursue a career in helping others.

my uw-madison essay discussed how i was also inspired to pursue a career in helping others throught my grandmother’s experience with alzheimer’s. i discussed my interest in the rehabilitation psychology program as well as courses and student organizations of interest.