Please chance me for uw- milwaukee

<p>Hi
Sorry if I’ve interfered with the forum’s title. Actually I’m an international student- an Indian. I want to know my chances at uw- milwaukee. My friends told me for it but the most worrying matter is my SAT -it’s only 1640 (horrible!!) cr=490, m=630, w=520. By the way my gpa is 3.86 out of 4 and I usually get 2nd rank in my class.</p>

<p>Please reply if you can.
thanx</p>

<p>If you want to go there your chances should be good. Look at their website and student profiles. At any school having a gpa higher than you test scores shows you are working hard. Being from India your language skills may be reflected in those test results. The English you learn, especially if your general instruction is in a different language or your teachers are locally taught can put you at a disadvantage compared to US students. My H is from India and back in his day British influence was the norm. However, grammr and putting together good paragraphs is also a universal function.</p>

<p>I am not too familiar with international applicants but I got into UW-Milwaukee with a lower gpa, and an average ACT score as a transfer. I think you have a very good shot at it because I know plenty of students who got in with much lower scores then myself. Of course those students are put on probation before their first semester starts, and have strict guidelines that they have to meet with advisers frequently. </p>

<p>They do have special English courses for international students. I have a friend whose adviser offered them the chance to take it because English is her second language. She decided not to take it because she had been living here since she was a baby. </p>

<p>If you are really curious I would just look at their website, or call admissions. I would say UWM has a pretty good international student population.</p>