Please help! High School Student

<p>Hello!
This is my first time using college-confidential! I wasn't sure where to post but I posted in the TCU section because I am considering going there. I am a Junior and I have been looking at medium-sized colleges (Baylor, TCU, SMU) so if you could tell me anything about these colleges that would be great!! I am in all Pre-AP classes and I am in one AP class. I make all A's and I am in the top 10% (I don't know if that matters to you) I know that these schools are very selective and that kind of worries me! So if there is anything you can think to tell me that would be awesome! Thanks a lot!!!</p>

<p>All three are great schools. If you are in the top 10% of your class and have solid ACT/SAT scores (29+ ACT/ 1300+ SAT) , you will get into all three schools. </p>

<p>Each school has its own personality and has strengths and weaknesses. It will depend on what is important to you, and where you feel you will best fit in. What do you plan on majoring in? </p>

<p>Just on the basis of programs (not fit, cost or other factors), I would choose SMU for business and TCU for nursing. </p>

<p>Thank you for replying!! I am not sure on a major yet. I want to be a crime analyst and there are a couple of degrees that could fit that career! I am maybe leaning toward a degree in psychology!</p>

<p>I currently attend TCU. I absolutely love TCU and would highly recommend it to anyone! The community, spirit, and friendliness is incomparable. I haven’t even been at TCU for a semester and I already know that I picked the right place. </p>

<p>TCU is a little more expensive than Baylor if you pay full tuition; however, I received a larger scholarship to TCU. Most of Baylor’s scholarships are based strictly off your SAT/ACT score and they have a nice scholarship calculator on their website. Though TCU tuition is slightly more expensive, the dorms are nicer for one. I stayed in the freshman Baylor dorms a few weeks ago with my friends and TCU dorms are nicer. Also, TCU has a smaller campus and a two year living requirement and I think this contributes to the unique community at TCU. </p>

<p>I could go on and on about how much I love TCU. I would definitely recommend visiting and applying! Maybe even spending the night on campus during your visit - that’s what made the difference for me. Your stats look good, so keep up the hard work, do well on your ACT/SAT, and get excited for college!</p>