Please judge my chances

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>I am an International student, currently studying 12th Grade in the United Arab Emirates in a school which follows Indian curriculum CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education).</p>

<p>I just wanted to know what my chances are in getting admission into Virginia Tech for Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering.</p>

<p>I dont have GPA grading in my school. The grading is purely based on marks obtained:
9th - 85%
10th - 90%
11th - 80%</p>

<p>But if my school gave GPA rankings it MIGHT be something like this:-
9th - 3.7+ (coz i got A's in all my subjects)
10th - 3.7+ (coz i got A's in all my subjects)
11th - 3.2 - 3.4 (coz i got a few A's and a few B's)</p>

<p>I had also recieved a half-fee scholarship in grade 11.</p>

<p>ACTIVITIES :
I have been selected to attend the Global Young Leaders’ Conference (GYLC) in Washington/New York this year.
Swimming
Singing
Made Robot for science exhibition
Created a presentation on the periodic table
Helped the team in coming 3rd in an inter-school robot competition
Part of the school Anti-Smoking Committee
I have been learning Indian Carnatic Music vocal for over 10 years and have give a 2 and half hour concert. I have also been learning Carnatic Music violin for over 3 years. </p>

<p>SAT SCORES:
MATH - 700
CR - 600
WR - 600
Planning to give it again to improve my score.</p>

<p>Going to give SAT II's in November. Will get above 750 in maths, physics and chemistry.</p>

<p>Teacher Recommendations will be really good. Not sure what the school counsellor will write (but got info from previous school mates in US universities that we usually get really good recs).</p>

<p>Am going to start working on the essays when the apps are released and HOPEFULLY they should be good.</p>

<p>Is Virginia Tech good for Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering and is it good in MBA or law.</p>

<p>Will appreciate all responses. good as well as bad.</p>

<p>Thanks all.</p>

<p>if you dont aply engineering, your a shoo in, but in engineering, the school is probably a match</p>

<p>If u dont get in engineering, bu do get in the university, u can easily switch tho</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice i shall try to improve my score and GPA.</p>

<p>if i dont get into engineering then i dont think i would want to apply.</p>

<p>will my chances really depriciate if i got around 2.8+ GPA for my 12th (the indian system sucksssss).</p>

<p>Is there any way that i would be able to calculate an accurate GPA so that i will be able to decide whether or not i will have a chance at Virginia Tech.</p>

<p>Cheers</p>

<p>your chances will go down a lot if your GPA drops to 2.8. you should try to keep it atleast the same as what you had junior year...</p>