Please really desperate AFFIMITA ACTION in ut Austin?

<p>Texas Resident
Chance me for
University of Austin
Applied in October 4 and finished then no desicion yet. I have been checking but it just says people will find out end of February.
Can someone post the link. Thank you</p>

<p>African American first generation
Parent income 50000-60000
Act score composite 25 reading 29 science 25 math 23 English 22
3.57 UW GPA
4.2 W GPA
Any programs or activities that helped you prepare for higher education?
58/624
SAT prep classes
ACT prep Classes
16 AP/Honors classes
40 a's and 26b's 0c's (hope I am not sounding cocky)
Extracurricular activities:</p>

<p>Business professions of America BPA compete in business related events. first place in regionals state and 14th place national competition 32 weeks of practice
NSHSS- National society of high school scholars-member inducted sophomore year completed 290 community service hours
National Academy of future physicians and medical scientist chosen to represent high school in the meeting in Washington for future physicians and given an award and certificate.
Presidents volunteer service program completed 135.59 service hours. Received a letter from president Obama thanking me for my work and a certificate and a medal.
National Art honor society NAHS- Art related projects.
National forensics league NFL- debate in different completions and speeches inducted 3rd place in novice Lincoln Douglass debate second time debating
Students Achieving volunteer excellence SAVE 290 community service hours
HOSA- volunteered in retirement home and at head start program in school
Aquatics Club
EFC=$4,789</p>

<p>Accepted to Texas A&M university(2,000), SMU, TCU, BAYLOR (34,00) University of Iowa (60,000) Penn state University. Waiting on ):University of Texas at Austin (probably denial) brother goes here University of Florida (so surprised) and University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign.</p>

<p>Bump</p>

<p>58/624 is not high enough for automatic admission. Your scores are not high enough to tilt it in your favor.</p>

<p>Thank you can going to nationals and the letter from Obama help me. It has helped with schools I taught were out of reach for me. Florida , penn state.</p>

<p>It appears Penn State and Florida are out of state for you. You may have been accepted because you are a lucrative out of state tuition prospect. Congrats on those acceptances.</p>

<p>Re: UT Austin, since you did not meet the automatic acceptance, you may want to read their holistic approach. Another suggestion is to check with your GC to see how students with your rank and stats feared in the application process in prior years.</p>

<p><a href=“http://bealonghorn.utexas.edu/freshmen/decisions/review”>http://bealonghorn.utexas.edu/freshmen/decisions/review&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Good luck to you, and you never know, hang in there.</p>

<p>Got into everyone except ut Austin (capped) but I appealed now it’s a waiting game, thank you though </p>

<p>Did you consider retaking the ACT or taking the SAT? It’s your score that’s killing you.</p>

<p>Sometimes, schools do kids, especially black kids, a disservice by giving us good grades, watering down course, not offering college prep or advanced placement, etc and then try to boost esteem by saying you’re one of the best.</p>

<p>I see this a lot. You can’t take junior varsity and put them out there vs varsity without training and preparation. That’s happening to black kids across the country, academically.</p>

<p>Yes but will be too late to put on appeal letter so…</p>

<p>I wish someone who knows about appeals and wait list could answer my questions on the Ut page.</p>

<p>I know this is late but,</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>@waitwut OP was waitlisted/CAPped. UT isn’t big on affirmative action.</p>

<p>Update appealed twice then accepted. Thank you all for your help hook em fall 2014 woo</p>

<p>@135pipe‌ Congratz on the acceptance ! Wonderful perseverance. </p>

<p>Thanks ^^^^ orientation was fun and ready to start classess </p>