Point Park class of 2020 Deferrals, Waitlist and Acceptances acting/musical theatre

We got our email too–BFA Acting!

It makes me angry to see that they called people yesterday who were then subsequently denied in MT. They need to change that process.

The calling by admissions about admitted students’ day has nothing to do with the artistic decisions. We get plenty of calls, emails and letters from a number of schools where my D has either not heard her artistic decision or has been denied artistically. Does it sting to get a call or email or letter from a school who has said no artistically? You bet. But it’s a fact of life in this process.

Actually @CTDramaMom this one seems a little different since the person knew that they would be receiving notification of acceptance or rejection to the MT the next day. That’s what made this one seem extra insensitive and unnecessary to me.

But did they know that the student they were calling was an MT applicant? Often that’s not the case. Trust me, we’ve had to tell a school, please stop calling. She didn’t get into the program she applied for, and she’s not going there. It hurts.

We heard nothing. Mt.

At Unifieds I auditioned for both the acting and MT B.F.As. I was rejected from MT today, haven’t heard about acting and was waitlisted for the B.A in Theater Arts. The acting adjucators did talk to me at length about the B.A. program, so I’m not surprised they redirected my major. This is my first decision aside from Ithaca and Temple, so we’ll see how my other decisions play out.

@lydiara, Did you follow up the audition by sending in an online application? As I remember, the application allowed you to choose only one major. I’m not sure how PP deals with applicants who auditioned for both. The application is free, so if you are denied for MT you may be able to cancel that out and put in a new application for Acting?? Maybe it’s worth a call?

I will have to call tomorrow – I assume it’s a no but man super frustrating!!

Son got in BFA MT

Don’t know if this will be helpful to anyone- but I spoke with the PP artistic recruitment gal on the phone last week as I had a question about their process. She told me everyone who auditions for MT is automatically also considered for their Acting AND their BA program in addition to MT.

That’s definitely a departure from just a year ago, @stagedoormama. Acting had to be a separate audition. it shows how things truly change from year to year. This is only the 2nd year they’re taking freshmen directly into the BFA so I’m sure they will continue to fine tune the process.

We did not hear – is there anyone else who did not hear for MT?

Yup- @GSOMTMom. That is why I called as I was confused about if rejected from MT what other possibilities there were for PP and that is what she told me.

So our point park emails were bouncing – I called this am and we are Waitlisted! We’ll take it!