Political climate at the UCs

<p>Given that they all tend to be liberal, are some more so than others… (is Berkeley really still a hotbed of left-wing fervor?)… are there any that skew more conservative politically? All input appreciated.</p>

<p>UCI and UCSD are the most conservative politically.</p>

<p>UCI is known to be the most conservative.</p>

<p>You can check which counties voted for which party by looking at this map:</p>

<p>President</a> Map - Election Results 2008 - The New York Times</p>

<p>liberal in Norcal UCs, for sure.</p>

<p>I think UC Irvine is definitely the more conservative of the bunch, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Davis, Riverside, I consider in the middle.I think of UCLA and Merced somewhere in the center-left. And obviously Berkeley and Santa Cruz are on the left.</p>

<p>why would UCI be more conservative? considering its 50% asian and asians tend to be more liberal...</p>

<p>Well, it's in Orange County, which was the lone red county among a ring of blue counties. Plus, I've heard that Asians tend to be more conservative.</p>

<p>It's the OC...the area is pretty affluent and has been a Republican stronghold since the 50's.The last democrat to win the county was FDR in 1936 and Irvine is pretty much smack down in the middle of the county.</p>

<p>Asian thing is not entirely true.It tends to go by ethnicity, like Chinese and Indian Americans tend to be liberal (myself included), and Vietnamese Americans tend to go Republican.</p>

<p>Yeah, I'm from OC and I can vouch on it being very conservative. I'm actually from Irvine also, lol. It is a more conservative area, since it's a rich place as well.</p>

<p>Woot, fellow Irviners. \m/</p>

<p>^Awesome. What part of Irvine? I'm from the Northwood area (graduated from NHS June '08)</p>