Posse Scholarship- Ask Away!

Does anyone have any other tips for the Final Round Interview?
Any other questions (besides the ones already mentioned in this thread) that they remember?
Thanks!

?

I had my second round interview, and they said they would let me know by early November, I have two friends who already made it to the third round, so does that mean I didn’t make it to the third round?

@Dolly2315 I was in your same position, but I found out I made it a few days after my friends. I think they send out decisions for each school separately, so I wouldn’t give up hope yet

@Smiths4 What was resolved at the end? Did your kid decide to withdraw from the process? I hope things are working out for you and your daughter.

Any tips for the third round interview? Mine is tomorrow

Everything you need is in this thread. It’s a lengthy read but start from the beginning. Good luck!

I had my final interview last night and they didn’t call me. Does this mean I definitely didn’t get it or do you think Corona and it being virtual could have affected that

Hi, can you tell if a student living in NY can chose only schools affiliated with NY area or he can chose other schools?

Does anyone know how much Posse Access actually helps?

This thread has been dormant for a while, but I still wanted to give a heartfelt Thank you to gk1733 !

It was a very informative thread that helped answering many questions and alleviate some anxiety regarding the process.

Hi…Question:
Can a a Posse finalist that was chosen by the College they were matched up withdraw their decision after chosen?

Hi,

I was going through this post. My daughter is waiting to her whether she got in to the final rounds. She was very happy with how the semifinals went.
Would you mind sharing your insights/notes?

Thank you,
Jobby

Thank you so much for this post! Helped a lot in understanding how this works! Appreciate your kind heart and your willingness to help others. God bless!

i have the family meeting part today and yet to hear anything yet , does that mean anything

I would think not, which is why they have you sign an Early Decision application. Afterwards you cannot withdraw any longer.

But that is just my guess.

We are still waiting too. Our daughter had her seminfinals interview 2 weeks ago and was told we would hear a decision late Oct/early Nov.

Good Luck to everybody !

Is this thread still active? Parent here… The info from Posse says that if you move to the Final round, you agree to submit an ED application at whatever school you are matched with. If you are not selected, are you allowed to move your application to regular decision? The conundrum is if you cannot afford the school without the POSSE scholarship, you likely would not otherwise apply ED. Or do you not actually submit your application until you KNOW you are a winner (at which point it’s just a formality, I suppose).

Many Posse students are low enough income, and a substantial number of Posse partners are full need met colleges, like Pomona or Middlebury. So for many Posse finalists, these colleges can be affordable through the regular admissions process as well.

You have to submit the ED applications before the final interview. In the parent meeting for finalists, they give the information needed about the application process. In any case, that application has to be in before the final interview, and it will be reviewed for completion by a Posse staff member before it is submitted.

The final interview is done by a member of the college, and they want to read that information that is on the application before the interview, including the essay. I do not know whether the colleges interviewer also has the notes that Posse staff wrote during the first two interviews, but I would guess so.

The point of the final interview is not primarily to select the “best” nominees among the finalists, but rather to figure out which ten would work together best as a Posse. I know of finalists who were accepted to the college RD after they were not selected as members of the Posse for that college. So while “fit” may play a part, the major part is to see whether this person will work as part of a Posse, and as part of this Posse.

All Finalists are good enough for a Posse scholarship. However, the interviewers are looking for ten (sometimes 11) who are most likely to thrive as part of a Posse in the particular college.

1 Like

Hi, do I wear a suit for the finalist round? Or is just dressing nicely ok?
Thank you!!