Possible chances for a Fall 2015 Transfer?

<p>Hi everyone! I know it's early for this but I figured if I could get some input and stats from 2014 transfer students, that can only help me :)</p>

<p>I'm currently a pre-nursing student at College of DuPage (a really good CC in Illinois) and I'm looking to transfer into a BSN program at a university. My first choice is U Miami. I'm originally from Florida, moved to IL in eighth grade. I'm also going to apply to University of IL at Chicago and a third school (unsure of which yet!). Here are my stats:</p>

<p>Gender: Female, 21 years old
Race: white, but I am 25% Native American (undocumented, but in the process of getting it documented)
GPA: currently 3.74, not factoring in this spring, summer, or fall classes
High school GPA: I think it was like 3.2 UW</p>

<p>ACT: 27 (retaking in June)</p>

<p>Credits: will have 54 at the end of the semester (I was undecided until a few months ago, which I know probably reflects badly on me ) plus credits from all the prereqs I now need to take. I will "graduate" with an AS in May</p>

<p>Awards/Honors: Honors scholar at my CC, Prairie State (IL) Achievement Award for Excellence in Writing, Service Learning Scholar at my CC for completing volunteer work as part of an Honors Leadership Development study program</p>

<p>ECs: Have volunteered in nursing homes visiting the elderly with my dog for ~10 years, JV Track and Field in HS, Phi Theta Kappa member</p>

<p>Work/Other: I currently work for my CC as a Writing, Reading, and Speech tutor, something that the college specifically selects and trains you for based on your academics, I single-handedly ran a drive to collect beanie babies and stuffed animals to donate to a local nursing facility for their activities department (donations totaled over 300 items), etc</p>

<p>Alumni: my uncle was a Visual Arts major and graduate from UM</p>

<p>Essays: I'm obviously a good writer and can convey emotionally why I want to be a nurse and what connections I have with each school</p>

<p>Letters of Rec: can get some awesome ones from teachers and administrators with PhDs in their fields</p>

<p>Is there anything I'm missing? What do you guys think my chances for Miami are?</p>

<p>Thank you! </p>

<p>I got accepted into the school of engineering at U of M without sending my SAT scores (horrible), I currently hold a associates of applied science in architecture with a graduating GPA of 3.68 I believe it was (honors) and I had ~66 credits total. If your over the certain credit mark when applying to transfer you dont need to send SAT/ACT scores, if I had to send mine i would have never gotten in</p>

<p>Okay cool. I’ll have at least that many by the time I’m done with my prerequisites. Other than that, what do you think? Do you know if the nursing school is very competitive? </p>

<p>shameless bump</p>

<p>I also hope to transfer to UM in Fall 2015. I’ll be freshman this year at WSU. My top decision was UM but I couldn’t get any scholarships so I had to admit to WSU. I’m hoping to get good grades and transfer to UM with a good scholarship.</p>