Prescreening Results

<p>Clarimom lol if forgot to add DePaul!<br>
I’m from va originally and plan to be on the east coast from feb 9-23 just for the audition cycle. Hope the weather cooperates. Shes already heard back from boco nec Plymouth cm and oberlin.</p>

<p>Had NYU’s waived, and so far I’ve passed USC’s and Colburn’s! I’m waiting still on MSM’s and Juilliard’s.</p>

<p>Congrats, averageviolist! Doesn’t sound like you’re all that average to me with those successes! :)</p>

<p>Hi , I’m currently waiting for my pre-screen results too, Piano major here. Applied to Yale, NEC and Indiana. </p>

<p>I have a guaranteed offer from RCM in London, just wondering what my odds are to enter those schools (or how RCM ranks among the schools I’ve choosen)…? I’m really excited for the results, and if they do invite me for an audition, it will be a very hard choice!</p>

<p>Also, how long is the christmas (office) closure? If it runs until January does it mean that we won’t be hearing anything for the week of christmas (i.e.: End Dec)?</p>

<p>I don’t know Indiana at all but I can tell you that Yale and NEC will be closed between Christmas and New Years. And because this year Christmas is on a Wednesday they might be short staffed on the days on either end. I suspect Yale is closed for the whole two weeks. When I worked there they used to shut down the buildings in order to save money, so even if you wanted to work you couldn’t.</p>

<p>Thanks for that info StacJip, well I guess that in this case if we don’t hear anything by Monday we can only wait until January… </p>

<p>Just read on some of those who received their pre-screen results… congratulations! but it would be really helpful if you included the instrument that you are auditioning for :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Any pianist received news from other schools (apart from a couple of Oberlin candidates)?</p>

<p>I believe that Yale won’t release results of pre-screening until January.</p>

<p>Hello </p>

<p>This is my first post although I have been reading many of the music threads for years. It is wonderful to see/follow the accomplishments of these young musicians and I congratulate everyone on their successes thus far. </p>

<p>My son is a violinist and we live in Western Canada. He auditioned at University of North Carolina at Charlotte in November and was accepted to their program. He received an email on Dec 15 that he passed prescreening at Indiana and this morning received his audition date for February. He will also audition at McGill (March) and Peabody (Feb) but we have yet to hear from them about specific dates. He is still waiting to hear about prescreening results from Colburn.</p>

<p>Manhattan School of Music news is out–pleased to report positive results for my S.</p>

<p>Congrats Clarimom!</p>

<p>My daughter also heard back from MSM–she applied to two programs there so I guess she will have two auditions.</p>

<p>DD just got good news from USC Thornton - vocal performance!</p>

<p>Good news from USC here as well! :)</p>

<p>So far I passed pre-screenings for MSM for Piano Performance, and I’m still waiting on NEC, Juilliard, Eastman, Mannes, Oberlin, Cleveland, and SUNY Purchase!</p>

<p>Here is the list so far; if no contact method was posted, I listed email, so do let me know if it was otherwise. Please, when you post, list the school, grad or undergrad, instrument, date of notification, method of notification and, if you care to list rejections, do feel free! There is no shame in that because those of us who have been around a while know that there is often no rhyme nor reason when it comes to that!</p>

<p>** BoCo, graduate, composition- 12/19/2013, email (passed)
Colburn, undergrad, viola- 12/19/2013, email (passed)
Colburn, graduate, viola- 12/5/2013, email (passed)
Eastman, undergrad, flute- 12/18/2013, email (passed)
Indiana, undergrad, oboe- 12/11/2013, email (passed)
Indiana, undegrad, violin- 12/20/2013, email (passed)
McGill, undergrad,violin- no date, email, (passed)
MSM, graduate, clarinet- 12/20/2013, email (passed)
MSM, graduate, violin- 12/20/2013, email (passed)
MSM, graduate, viola- 12/20/2013, email (passed)
MSM, undergrad, piano- 12/20/2013
NEC, undergrad, flute-12/18/2013, email (passed)
Oberlin, undergrad, piano- 12/12/2013, email (passed)
Peabody, undergrad, violin- no date, email (passed)
Univ. of Michigan, graduate, violin- 12/17/2013, email (passed)
Univ. of Michigan, undergrad, flute- 12/18/2013, email (passed)
Rice (Shepherd School), graduate, clarinet- 12/16/2013, email (passed)
Rice (Shepherd School), undergrad,flute- 12/18/2013, email (passed)
USC (Thornton), undergrad, viola-12/19/2013, email (passed) **</p>

<p>It’s true that it is helpful for others if you let us know (you can also PM M’M) if you don’t pass a pre-screen. She is right that it’s sometimes hard to figure out why these results are the way they are. I know a student who made the finals of Curtis a few years ago and got a full ride merit scholarship to NEC–but did not pass the pre-screen for Mannes.</p>

<p>Add USC (Thornton), graduate, clarinet-12/20/2013, email (passed)</p>

<p>And thanks so much to Mezzo’sMama for setting up the Master List!</p>

<p>You’re most welcome! And congratulations to all- breathe deeply folks, it’s Christmas week, so it’s unlikely that any notifications will come this week.
If anyone wants to PM me about those near-misses, I will list them WITHOUT the instrument so that they are as “anonymous” as possible. Glassharmonica did a great job of explaining the insanity that is pre-screens/auditions (thanks for that!).</p>

<p>BoCo, graduate, composition- 12/19/2013, email (passed)
Colburn, undergrad, viola- 12/19/2013, email (passed)
Colburn, graduate, viola- 12/5/2013, email (passed)
Eastman, undergrad, flute- 12/18/2013, email (passed)
Indiana, undergrad, oboe- 12/11/2013, email (passed)
Indiana, undegrad, violin- 12/20/2013, email (passed)
McGill, undergrad,violin- no date, email, (passed)
MSM, graduate, clarinet- 12/20/2013, email (passed)
MSM, graduate, violin- 12/20/2013, email (passed)
MSM, graduate, viola- 12/20/2013, email (passed)
MSM, undergrad, piano- 12/20/2013
NEC, undergrad, flute-12/18/2013, email (passed)
Peabody, undergrad, violin- no date, email (passed)
Univ. of Michigan, graduate, violin- 12/17/2013, email (passed)
Univ. of Michigan, undergrad, flute- 12/18/2013, email (passed)
Rice (Shepherd School), graduate, clarinet- 12/16/2013, email (passed)
Rice (Shepherd School), undergrad,flute- 12/18/2013, email (passed)
USC (Thornton), undergrad, viola-12/19/2013, email (passed)
USC (Thornton), graduate, clarinet-12/20/2013, email (passed)
</p>

<p>Thank you Mezzo’sMama for setting up this list. I should have noted in my earlier message that McGill and Peabody do not require prescreening for violin so we are actually just waiting to hear about an audition date. Apologies for the confusion.</p>