Prescreening Results

<p>Has anyone heard from Mannes? I know last year some heard in December from prescreens.</p>

<p>Congratulations to you and your son, Clarimom! Terrific news.</p>

<p>Thanks, onekidmama! One down anyway. He has a few more to hear from.</p>

<p>My S just heard from University of Michigan, and was happy to learn he passed the prescreen. He’s still waiting, too, on a few more. I’m glad his first notification was a positive one, though! Best wishes to everybody who is waiting. It sure isn’t easy.</p>

<p>Yeah to everyone so far!!</p>

<p>Congrats onekidmama and son! One down! It was Rice University for my son. Yes, definitely nice to have the first notification be a positive one.</p>

<p>@compmom My father and I visited Oberlin last September. I had a campus tour and also had a sample piano lesson with Mr. Robert Shannon. We asked if a regional audition would be OK and he thought that would be fine. I audition Jan. 23rd in Minneapolis, MN.</p>

<p>My daughter heard from Colburn soon after the application was uploaded… but has not heard back from anywhere else.</p>

<p>Does anyone know when does NEC typically send out the pre-screen results?</p>

<p>So far, I’ve passed pre-screenings at NEC, Rice, Michigan, and Eastman!</p>

<p>Wow, flutist55! You’re on a roll! Congratulations!</p>

<p>Thanks, Clarimom!! I’m really excited, and still waiting to hear back from 4 more :slight_smile: Fingers crossed!</p>

<p>@flutist55, congratulations! Wish you best of luck in your auditions.</p>

<p>Son applied for piano performance but haven’t heard anything about the pre-screen. We hope to receive good news soon.</p>

<p>D, senior who’s a Classical vocalist applied to: Peabody, Boston conservatory, nec, Emerson (mt), Carnegie Mellon (mt), rider, nyu, oberlin, purchase, otterbein, oberlin, u of cincinatti, Plymouth state, Hartt, and Baldwin Wallace. She went with highschool program to California baptist university and received an offer for 4 yr scholarship. But she doesn’t want to stay in Cali. Applying to so many schools is expensive but cheaper than pre visiting all…she’s hoping for good prescreens. We’ve planned on a feb trip to do on campus auditions. It’s a gamble but she’s chosen really great options in various “tiers”. Shes already received audition confirmations for several. Fingers crossed.</p>

<p>Sguti40, my goodness! That’s a lot. You have my son beat by one, but several on his list did not require an audition–so good luck to you! Hoping for good weather as that is a lot of traveling. My son only had 6-7 trips to auditions but had some scary times with snowstorms. Looking forward to hearing where your daughter ends up!</p>

<p>Hi There!</p>

<p>I’ve never posted before, but I’ve been furiously scouring these forums for news of pre-screening results, so I thought I should contribute. </p>

<p>I received word today that I passed the pre-screen for M.M. in Composition at Boston Conservatory. Hopefully more results will be coming soon!</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone else!</p>

<p>Congratulations, mmmarimba! Hoping the good news keeps on coming! Yes, it seems slower this year for pre-screening reports–the forum was busier with more postings last year I think. But, things are starting to roll along now. No more news here! Waiting impatiently!</p>

<p>Thank you for the info concerning Julliard.</p>

<p>My D passed the prescreen for Voice for CCM. Auditioning in January.</p>

<p>Yay!!! Hoping for good traveling weather for you and your D.</p>