Problem with major

<p>Hi, I dont really know if this would go here but I was looking to transfer out of my local CC to a cal state for next fall, however I really dont feel confident I will be accepted into the RN programs I was looking at. My gpa is roughly 3.1 if i can maintain it or go higher before I finish would be great. So as a plan, i was looking at what alternatives I could have. I was planning on doing recreational therapy at Cal state chico(my number 1 choice for the nursing program) and then work towards a masters in occupational therapy.I know it would take a bit longer than nursing, but I just dont see myself getting in with those kinds of grades, I thought about chemical engineering but I dont really know my math skill fully so I planned on taking plane trigonometry next semester just because.leaning towards the Occupational therapy just slightly more though. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.</p>

<p>BUMP</p>

<p>It sounds like you are still undecided on exactly what you want to study - you are tossing around nursing, recreational & occupational therapy, & chemical engineering. Presently, you could not transfer to a UC/Cal State for chem engineering with a 3.1 GPA or Cal State at Chico or any of the Cal State nursing programs. All of the Cal State nursing programs are impacted with too many students - some more than others but you would probably need a 3.5 or higher to get in. If you really truly wanted to pursue becoming a nurse then perhaps stay at your CC if they have a nursing program or transfer to another CC that does. After obtaining an associate degree in nursing then you could get your bachelors later. I don’t know anything about how difficult it is to get into a recreational or occupational therapy program so I can not advise you on those. I hope this info helps.</p>