Pros and Cons of Virginia Tech?

<p>I applied there and will probably get accepted, and it is my first choice, so I am wondering what other VT students think are the pros and cons of VT so I can have a better idea of the place :)</p>

<p>Is there anything specific you would like to know about? Here are the first few things that come to mind:
Pros
Top 3 on campus food in the nation
Good academic reputation, especially in animal science, engineering, CAUS.
Blacksburg is a 100% college town. Everything is centered around VT and college students.
It’s a beautiful campus and the drillfield is a really nice thing to have.
Despite the notoriety campus and Blacksburg are very safe. I never felt threatened walking around, day or night.
The bus system runs late on the weekends, which is a huge deal if you like to go out.</p>

<p>Cons
Some classes are too big, especially freshman year.
Blacksburg is a 100% college town. If you’re looking for something you wouldn’t find in a college town… you’re out of luck.
A lot of the dorms are still very basic (no AC, poor kitchen access.)
The freshman advisers range from somewhat competent to terrible.
It is cold and windy during the winter.</p>

<p>per son and adding on to chuy’s list</p>

<p>Pros:
sense of community
school spirit
huge networking potential from committed alumni base
happy students
helpful professors
brilliant professors who are well-respected by their peers
opportunities to do undergrad research</p>

<p>Cons:
lines at meal time for on campus eats
months of Jan and Feb…“Bleaksburg” weather</p>

<p>Pro once a Hokie always part of the family. Cons some majors are hard transfer into. So if a student starts out in University Studies they must do really well to apply for example to the Business School.</p>

<p>Amen to what chuy said. He’s your man when it comes to all things Tech. You should pay special attention to anything he says.</p>

<p>Although I will mention one more thing. Tech is large party school. Depending on your views of drinking and partying that can be a big plus or a big minus. Although every college is like that to be realistic. Just making sure your aware that you WILL see it</p>