Purdue atmosphere

<p>How is the Purdue atmosphere, is it relaxed, fun, are there a lot of parties. How is the social scene also. is there a large East Indian Community. If there is one, do they do anything as a cultural community, like play cricket? Please any feedback on Purdue would be great.</p>

<p>I'll post what I know...S accepted last year and started this Aug. (from California). Not sure about the east indian population. Between last year's acceptance and now, I've visited campus probably 4 times. Incredibly friendly students and staff. There seems to be quite the greek life scene at the school. We attended a football game during parents weekend in Sept and couldn't believe the school spirit-it was really fun! I am surprised that such a large campus has such one-on-one interaction with the faculty and advisors. My S's advisor called to let him know he had gotten into a class that he was waitlisted on! When I visited a couple of weeks ago, I went with S to his dorm office because he had lost his dorm key. They had someone at his dorm within an hour to change the locks and assign new keys to the roommates. The personal attention my S receives at Purdue compared with our D's UC experience is shocking.</p>