Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Is this only going out to students who were admitted and received scholarship offers?

Thank you very much for your kind help

Do you need to accept the offer to setup your career account?

1 Like

Just want to give an update that I got the financial aid letter

1 Like

Just got admission to purdue FYE. I thought the RD is March 31.

3 Likes

We are unable to set up the online career account. Repeatedly getting this error “Sorry, that is not the correct information. Please be sure to enter the birthdate in the specified format, and be aware that the setup password is case sensitive and should be entered exactly as provided to you.” Any advice?

You have to use the password in the admission letter and not try to set up a new password.

1 Like

No.

1 Like

It’s rolling.

1 Like

yes, the username and password u need to set up the career account are at the bottom of ur acceptance letter. once you do that u can change your password. sometimes then when u try to access ur account after setting it up it won’t like you access it, so i recommend clicking on a link in the email saying to view your financial aid package and that should allow u to access it

No, my daughter received her financial aid award yesterday, but didn’t receive any scholarships.

While EA was “admission decision on January 15 , RD is “will have a decision by March 31.” Apparently, some come earlier.

My DS’s aid package email came out yesterday night

Yes they appear to be rolling RD decisions every Friday til the end of March is what I heard.

We are OOS and did attend PFM on 2/21. It was a big trip for us, too
we live in Southern California. We found PFM to be worth our time and cost. The midwest is VERY different than where we live. The information sessions and tours were very worth while. The weather was unseasonably warm for West Lafayette the day of our visit, but there was a bit of snow on the ground, and another school we visited (later in the week, but on the same trip) gave him the weather we had hoped he would consider. Our son found Purdue to have the academic feel he had hoped for, the “family feel” ROTC detachment he wants, and a decent town with some likable amenities. I think visits are pretty important to assuring a school “fits” your student.

6 Likes

Just a reminder that I posted way back - maybe more meaningful to some now.

Reserve hotel rooms early.

The Lafayette Fairfield/Courtyard/Residence Inn are currently $220-270/night for BGR move-in weekend. Purdue’s for Me overnight is a more typical $92 at the FI, for comparison.

I have a To-do item to also book all home football weekends (Parent’s weekend) and move-out week, when I get time.

All in advance of schools decisions that would move in front of Purdue. It doesn’t hurt to prepare.

(For those with a stash of Marriott awards points - now’s the time to use them. Dynamic pricing starts soon.)

1 Like

Quick question: has everyone received their financial aid information? I followed the instructions on their website but I don’t have the Financial Aid tab they say I should have in the myPurdue career portal.

Yes, got our FA info on Friday.

1 Like

As of today, Four Points is the only nearby Marriott available for homecoming 9/24.
It looks like other chains have more availability :woman_shrugging:t3:

Thanks for the response! I guess I’ll have to email them and see why I can’t see my aid info

1 Like