Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

@carbmom attended the one on 2/21; maybe she’ll be able to share her impressions.

1 Like

New this year as ME is at/near capacity. Heard from a faculty friend and friend of my daughter who is a freshman. (We live in WL.)

Thanks for the intel! I don’t see that they’ve changed anything on the ToM page yet.

1 Like

We attended on 2/21 from NJ along with Ohio State during the same trip. I definitely recommend. They provided tons of general info (you can decide which sessions to attend per your interest) and also met with the school he was accepted to. For Polytechnic, they brought us the the main building and broke out by major. They then had a professor & 2 advisors present info & answer questions. We also did a housing tour & general tour. My son loved the campus, but has other options closer to home I think he’ll choose. I went to Purdue and haven’t been back in many, many years. The campus looks fabulous! And we attended a basketball game which we all loved!

5 Likes

I took my son to the 2/21 PFM event and think it’s very helpful. The event is well organized, leading me to believe that the school is well managed. The info fair and sessions in the earliest part of day offer great info, then each college has their own info session, we attended the COE one which is 1.5 hours long and very informative. The rest of day has many different tours and sessions that you can choose to tailor to your needs. For most colleges and majors there are separate info sessions and tours, which I find very helpful as well. There are general campus walking tours and residential facility tours, and an honors college session and tour. Overall it’s a very worthwhile visit for us. Hope this helps.

6 Likes

Has anyone OOS received any merit scholarships when they received their acceptance email? We were told that all merit awards would be given at the time of acceptance. My daughter didn’t receive anything, and we didn’t realize this was when they were awarded. We had planned to go to PFM next weekend, but we won’t be going if she doesn’t receive any merit scholarships.

I saw up-thread some received with their acceptances. I think they released on 1/15 if you scroll up. Purdue does not give merit to many.

Ok, this is good to know because I didn’t realize they didn’t give much merit. My daughter has already been accepted at another university in state with merit and the honors college.

1 Like

My OOS daughter (FYE) received notice of $10,000 yearly merit with her acceptance letter.

1 Like

My understanding is that merit awards went out with acceptances. As noted, Purdue has been focused on keeping tuition frozen and isn’t that generous with OOS merit.

1 Like

We are OOS (Texas), and my DS got the Presidential merit scholarship. It was part of his acceptance letter (2nd or 3rd paragraph).

deleted

When will financial aid result come out?

1 Like

I’m wondering the same thing…

I just noticed some changes in the portal. It now shows federal loans and work study.

Unfortunately, the grant that the tuition calculator showed on the Purdue site is nowhere to be found.

Just received an email an hour ago. The package came out.

We didnot get an email or nothing of finance aid appears in our portal.

Can you show me a screen shot, I saw nothing in our portal.

I just spoke to the admissions office at Purdue today because my son is in a similar situation. They told me they’d make a decision no later than March 31st. Good luck!

You have to set up your career account to view the financial aid offer.