Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

That’s really not what I said but feel free to hug that strawman.

Totally understand and agree about cost. That’s amazing that your daughter was able to secure merit from so many schools, very impressive. I think the only reason my son is even trying for those schools is because of partial use of the Post 9-11 GI Bill making it affordable. Otherwise, it just wouldn’t work. Right now UIUC is the front runner because of the quality of the program, cost, and overall fit. My son has really enjoyed the atmosphere there. He said no one working there seemed to take themselves too seriously (as evidenced in all the very funny outreach/communications up until now), and that it had a very collaborative and laid back feel. Best of luck to your daughter!

According to the Purdue presenters, the average GPA for freshman FYE students is 3.4. Is it just me, or does that seem high for an engineering program? When I was at CMU in the 1980s engineers were dancing across the quad if they pulled "C"s, and average scores on Circuits exams were in the 20s. But those were the days when the Engineering, CompSci, Design and Architecture programs at The Nerd Farm were trying to weed out the bottom 20% by sophomore year.

You could say that of all colleges, including Purdue, in the 80’s. Grade inflation is here to stay, though I would say that Purdue is by no means the worst offender.

3 Likes

Have those admitted recieved acceptance envelopes or other mail to their home addresses?

We received an acceptance envelope weeks ago.

Yes, a few weeks ago, at least.

Yep, several weeks ago.

Strange. My child received admittance email to Engineering Program 3/4 but no snail mail yet. Anyone else waiting?

I have not. What area of the country are you? I’m southeast.

My son was admitted on 1/14 and it took over a month to receive the acceptance envelope on the mail. We are in the Southeast too.

Good to know, thank you.

1 Like

We haven’t gotten any snail mail either. I called admissions, suspecting they had the wrong address. The person I spoke with said they had the correct information and that no snail mail had been sent to accepted students…only email(s).

No email or notice of any kind but my daughter was accepted after being deferred. Admission letter was in her portal and dated March 16th.

3 Likes

Packet was in yesterdays mail.

Congrats! What program was she admitted to?

tha

College of engineering

She was admitted into the Nursing program, thank you! It probably isn’t her first choice of colleges but Direct Admission into the program is a huge selling point.

(Sorry, edited to add that this was supposed to be a response to Norm91!)

1 Like

I think there will be some “deferral” decisions forthcoming this Friday. Good luck to everyone waiting!

2 Likes