Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

What makes you say this? Did u hear from an official source?

The official source is the original 03/31 deadline they promised. There is only 1 Friday left prior to that date. Perhaps they will post on 03/31 but Friday is a decent guess.

1 Like

Thanks, makes sense

They released a gew decisions last wednesday, 16th, so there is a possibility that it could be today.

Any updates on the decision date?

I didnā€™t hear of any batches last week so perhaps they will handle all at once.

Son was deferred and accepted to CS a few days ago. From what I understand, they are planning to release the remaining decisions around the 30th.

1 Like

Mine got accepted Wednesday night last week (March 16). Did your son get admitted on the 16th as well?

1 Like

Yep, around that same time.

1 Like

Son got deferred but didnā€™t receive any decision yet. Are they started to release the decision?

1 Like

My son is deciding between the Purdue Polytechnic, IU Luddy school (also invited into the Honors program) and Case Western. Heā€™s majoring in Data Analytics and hoping to minor in Business. Any perspectives on the pros and cons of each school/programs? Weā€™ve visited all so have a feel for the campuses and surrounding towns.

IU Honors with math, data analytics or statistics seems quite compelling as long as one can get a minor in business as well. Case Western is great. Is it a similar cost? Purdue Polytechnic isnā€™t as prestigious but the program and students we met in Poly exude happiness.

1 Like

My daughter seems to have narrowed down to Purdue and Virginia Tech for engineering (current plan is Environmental/Civil though that could change). Cost will be the same. Purdue is 2 flights + the 75 min shuttle. VT is 3 hrs by car. Both seem like great schools. If anyone has food for thought beyond distance & weather (I know it gets cold in Blacksburg too), Iā€™m all ears.

Not sure where you live but most students who are a flight away opt to fly into Chicago and take the shuttle from here. More time in the shuttle than Indy, but most airports have direct flights to Chicago.

Happy to answer any Purdue specific questions if you have any.

2 Likes

Thanks! We just attended Purdueā€™s for Me. Very impressive. Think sheā€™ll just have to decide how far from home sheā€™s okay with.

2 Likes

How long does it take to get there via shuttle & cost?

What do you normally recommend for flights? Indy or Chicago all things equal. Also, do you know how easy it is to get a shuttle? How often do they leave and where do they leave from? Thank you for the information.

The shuttles run regularly but need to be pre booked to both airports. There is also a student ride share board.

As a rule of thumb, if flying through Chicago means a direct flight over connections through Indy, Iā€™d choose Chicago every time.

3 Likes

Congrats to your daughter. My son was waitlisted at both Purdue and Virginia Tech (and not counting on getting in at either of them).

1 Like

i think they accepted too many people from ea and waitlisted like everyone from RD because Iā€™ve not yet seen any acceptance on the 31