Purdue Engineering

Alright i got in purdue engineering out of state. I want honest answers. I took ap physics 1 and i semi understood the class. I got an A but got a 2 on the exam. I want to know how hard it would be to graduate purdue with an engineering degree. Would i be ok? Am i that far behind if i go there compred to the smart kids? How good is a purdue degree? Is it worth the work? I am out of state so i dont want to have my parents pay a lot for me to not graduate

Bump

Purdue is a very well respected university, especially when it comes to engineering. It is estimated that 10% of all US engineers have some Purdue connection. The job placement office, ranked 3rd in the country, is outstanding. The exposure to AP physics will give you a head start in your physics class at Purdue. You will be challenged but if engineering is what you want, Purdue is an excellent place to be. Good luck!

There is a difference between AP Physics 1 and Engineering Physics. The first is algebra based the second is calculus based. The class will move quickly because you will be covering both sections of Physics in a year. PhysIcs 1 was the Algebra based version of one semester of Engineering Physics. It will give you at least a working knowledge of the concepts you will be learning. Physics is foundational to most engineering degrees so I would stay on top of it from the get go. You will be required to have at least a C to move forward in engineering.

A Purdue degree is absolutely worth the effort. If you have less expensive options towards an engineering degree that is a different question. My D (also a 4th year Jr. chem E) has a five term co-op. She co-ops with students from a variety of schools mostly Midwest regional universities. They also do very well. As a rule the Purdue degree will have a more national reputation, however, after your first job what you accomplish is more important than where you graduate from.

thanks for the answers. I am considering ut knox instate, uga, fsu, and Purdue. are fsu and uga good? and would ut knox be good? I understand Purdue is the best one but I have seen websites rank ut knox at around the 60s nationally in engineering, but none the the engineering branches are ranked?