***Purdue University: Class of 2023 Discussion/Decision Thread***

Daughter was accepted to Purdue for Computer Science. Hoping and praying for good financial support so she can actually consider going.

@momofsenior1 and @afluffymuffin Thank you both! If one joins a sorority do they tend to move into a sorority house for soph yr?

Daughter accepted to Genetics!
OOS (OH)
ACT: 36
GPA: 4.00 UW / 4.75 W
12 APs (6 “5’s” so far)
NMSF
Congrats to other admits…fingers crossed for merit scholarships for all!

@Thtswhtshesaid he heard about the scholarship via mail at home on the same day. $3000 merit award. And yet he was deferred?

@TytoAlba- Very strange. Hopefully you can resolve with them

2/25

Got accepted into Pre-Veterinary Medicine! Since it’s a plan of study rather than major, do we get to choose a major later if we attend?
OOS
ACT: 33
18 APs by graduation

Anyone accepted with the summer start program?

Son accepted to FYE
OOS
ACT: 34
GPA: 3.75UW
SAT Math 2: 800, Chemistry 760

@lostinthestereo I was. I got accepted to do summer start for Pharmacy

My D was accepted into summer start

Anyone in for math as a major.Not early decision but wanted to know how the stats were for math at Purdue

@froshprince contact the admission and recruiting director for the comp sci (not regular admission counselor) directly now to see if she can switch you now. We got to talk to her in one of the events, and she even said to contact her directly if waitlisted as they may have a way to help. We contacted her specifically about Data Science if we can select it as 2nd major to CS. She said no because it is pretty much the same qualification. That is, if one cannot get admitted to CS, then they won’t also qualify for DS. So if you chose and got admitted to DS, you may have also have a good chance of getting into CS if you had chosen that major instead. So contact her now in case they can change for you. Good luck!

Yeah I Got accepted to do summer start for marketing… waiting for more information about it

@2km2km Congrats!!!
I am from colorado, what about you?
I have never coded before , have you?

Does purdue give good grant money

Purdue’s is not known for good merit money. I believe the web site says only 15% of students were offered merit scholarships.

Based off of financial need?

No. Need based aid is different! Purdue’s Net Price Calculator should give you a decent estimate.

Don’t loose hope. Someone from my school had a 24 ACT and 3.5 GPA (they didn’t have a challenging schedule) and got admitted to areospace engineering. Their essay was really good.