***Purdue University: Class of 2023 Discussion/Decision Thread***

@Hello1938 I would also consider Dayton, they are right by the Air Force bases and Dayton has a T50 engineering program.

When you say Kent, do you mean Kent State?

I have a few friends accepted to ERAU, and they aren’t sure they can attend due to $, even though they got scholarships.

I’d place it like this:
Purdue (since it’s 1st choice) > OSU (you got into flight program, and it’s a good one) > ERAU (really expensive)

Anyone excepted for Nursing?

@equationlover Kent State does have a professional flight degree. Both sons accepted there. It’s affordable but not the same reputation wise.

@hello1938 I think my son will be emailing one of the academic advisors. I expect that for cost reasons similar to ERAU, not all accepted to flight will attend especially as Purdue has a reputation of not awarding many merit scholarships. I feel your pain and I truly hope it works out. I will say that Ohio State has a great reputation. We are in state and it’s incredibly tough to get in.The standards get tougher every year. Congratulations on your acceptance there.

Has anyone gotten a decision for applying to business major for regular decision?

Does anyone know when Honors College and scholarship decisions would come out?

@aryc123 - It was mid February last cycle.

@swimmommy yeah thank you, good luck to you and your son, hope everything works out for you guys too, i’ll look into everything else and then make a final decision.

@equationlover yeah thanks for the advice, ill look into dayton too, i think im more comfortable with the idea of taking aernautical eng tech now, and going to purdue.

Anyone get an acceptance letter and Purdue stickers in the mail. My DD was accepted and her friend from the same town got one 2 days ago (different major)?

It took almost a month for my daughter to get her packet in the mail. We heard last year that they send them in batches.

We have not received anything in the mail (we are receiving daily emails)
and we live in Cincinnati.

Anybody know if it’s hard to transfer from Engineering to Data Science?

@equationlover Sorry my bad, I don’t know why I assumed you were a guy.

Accepted in Data Sci 3.7uw, 4.1w, 1490SAT, great EC. Admitted to first year data sci, not sure what is first year means

@lovepurdue fyi

Has anyone been accepted through RD?

Nope, still waiting :/. Hopefully they don’t wait until March to release most of them.

denied EA but appealed. Anyone in a similar position?

Any updates about merit scholarship

@MrProton2023 and @TerrisAdAstra we are from MD, too! Anne Arundel County. My son was accepted in FYE .

@bubblytaco they are supposed to be announced today – if you don’t receive an email by the end of the day, you most likely weren’t selected.