Quarter report

Hi. Is the quarter report required for ED1? Our school is by semesters and has a unique grading system so it would he incredibly hard to get an accurate report. I called the admissions office and they said it most likely was not needed. I cant find any mention about it anywhere on the website. Thank you.

Our kiddos didn’t do any ED, but the more competitive EA’s are asking for them. I would check with the school counselor at the high school and the admission rep to figure out the best plan for term that goes longer than the ED round.

Well, if the admissions office said it wasn’t needed, then it isn’t needed. However, you qualified that, with “most likely” so it’s not clear what the admissions office said. If they said it most likely wasn’t needed, and you weren’t sure what they meant, ie, under what circumstances it might be needed, then I would contact them again to get clarification.

Most schools have a way to report interim grades to colleges, so your counselor should be able to indicate what can be done to support you. But years ago, yes, it was required. It could have changed, of course, but this is the schoolwork that is arguably closest - in time and difficulty - to college, so meaningful to admissions.

1 Like

Talk to your guidance counselor. My school does not typically give quarter grades, but teachers will submit 1st quarter grades for students applying ED/EA if the schools require quarter grades. Or, if they can’t do that I would ask your guidance counselor if they can send an email to your ED/EA schools just letting them know that quarter grades are not available.