Question About Fall 2024 Admission - Early Decision Question

I love Syracuse. Here’s my info. Can anyone tell me if I have a chance?

GPA - 3.28 (2 APs)
Female at Good Public High School in Massachusetts
Intend to major in Psychology
Decent extracurriculars but not great (President of one club at school, member of yearbook club, day care job for 3 years, work with Alzheimers’s patients)
Am not taking SAT or ACT
Will have outstanding “why Syracuse” essay.
No Financial Aid Needed
I intend to apply ED I

Thanks!

1 Like

Don’t fall in love with any school - period, end of story. Every school has its positives and its negatives.

That you are full pay and ED will help immensely. SU is the rare school that gives Demonstrated Interest the highest level of importance - and nothing shows interest like ED. So that’s your chance.

About a quarter of their students are in your GPA range.

All that said, I’d still say it’s a reach - but not as far a reach as one would think - IF YOU DO ED.

You might also look at schools such as Denver, Hofstra, Ithaca, Miami Ohio, URI, etc.

What is it about the 'Cuse that you love?

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve looked at a lot of those other schools. Cuse is good because of its size, proximity to home, support for students, etc.

Where’s home?

Looks like MA

I think you have a chance for psychology admission. They do love ED. Sign up and attend some virtual sessions, including an A&S/Maxwell session. If you can make it, go for an official visit. Have you done an interview? If not, sign up here ASAP
https://undergraduate.admissions.go.syr.edu/portal/interviews_cal

Last year’s “why Syracuse” essay prompt was this:

Why are you interested in Syracuse University and how do you see yourself contributing to a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful campus? (250 words or fewer)

Be sure to put a lot of thought into your answer, especially the second part.

Good luck!

1 Like

Duh - I missed that. Thanks

It’s not “that” close - you might look at UMAINE, UNH, URI, and others mentioned earlier - not quite as big but Hofstra, Ithaca, Quinnipiac, Marist…even a Montclair State and a SUNY Albany or one of the UMASS.

You can find other more similar but maybe not in the exact proximity.

What I meant to say - it won’t let me edit - go for SU but don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Diversify your list to ensure you have a college home that you’d love to go to. I assure you, there is many more than one!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.