Questions about Loyola business, pre-law, etc.

<p>Hey everyone, I'm a junior from South Dakota and I'm unsure about my interests in Loyola. I was wondering how the finance, and pre-law programs compare to other schools and if its worth the high tuition?</p>

<p>is life at Loyola fun? and how is the campus? </p>

<p>Thanks,</p>

<p>Sean</p>

<p>I can not speak for it’s finance program, but I do know that the pre-law program at Loyola Chicago is excellent, and the same goes for the actual law school.</p>

<p>Also, from what I have heard and seen, life at Loyola is awesome. There are two main campuses, the Water Tower Campus and the Lake Shore Campus. The lake shore campus is located right on Lake Michigan and is only a few miles north of downtown Chicago. The Water Tower Campus (which houses a lot of the pre-law courses as well as the Law School) is located IN downtown Chicago right off of Michigan Avenue.</p>

<p>thanks for your help…how do you know the pre-law program is excellent? is there any place where i can find out more about the pre-law program because their website isn’t helpful. is there any statistics about admission into law school i should know?</p>

<p>Keep in mind that the Pre-Law program at LUC isn’t a major, but a supplemental program; most Political Science majors are allowed to take select Pre-Law courses to spice up their resume for law school applications. I can’t really speak for the prestige of the program, but Chicago has plenty of internship options, and being in a Pre-Professional program of any kind certainly helps your odds. Loyola’s a great Undergraduate school, but I haven’t heard anything stellar about their Grad/Law school in particular.</p>

<p>does anyone know if the Rogers Park neighborhood around Loyola very nice?</p>

<p>I visited Loyola Chicago over the summer, the campus is amazing and the surrounding area is pretty nice. It isn’t the greatest neighborhood in Chicago safety-wise, but I’ve been told if you keep alert and don’t take the L train at night it isn’t bad at all. But no matter where you are in a big city like Chicago, you’re going to have crime.</p>