Questions about University of Alabama admissions/applications

I applied to the University of Alabama on October 11, 2016, and I received the myBama.edu email account on October 13, 2016.

My school counselor sent my transcript electronically on October 12, 2016.

My ACT score was sent on June 1, 2016, and was received July 12, 2016.

I know that it would take two-three weeks to know if I am accepted or not, and I know how to check my application status. When I check my application status, though, it shows that the application, application fee, and my ACT scores were received, but the transcript box has remained empty. It shows on a naviance account that my request to send my transcript was received and that the transcript was sent on October 12, 2016. My questions are: does it take an extended amount of time for my transcript to be seen? And does the two-three week period begin once every document is seen of is it two-three weeks from the date the application was sent? Finally, is the first copy of your high school transcript sent your unofficial transcript and the transcript sent at the end of the year the official transcript?

Thanks for the answers!

We are rookies to this process but I continue to be amazed at how helpful the regional admissions officers are in this process with things like missing transcripts and missing components of the application that were sent but are not showing up.

I would not wait. Find your regional admissions officer on the web page and email him or her. Better yet…call them!

Yes, they’re all helpful . . . but they can’t alter the time-space continuum. If your transcript was just sent two days ago, you’re going to need to allow some time for it to be processed. Give it a week . . . at that point, if you still don’t have a decision, then you can reach out to admissions.

^^ I agree with dodgersmom. 2 days since the transcript was sent? Too early to be concerned. And I’d call admissions before your admissions rep - they’re the ones with quick access to your file.