Quick Question about UA

<p>Is it really in a bad neighborhood like people say?</p>

<p>Oh pleaseeee...</p>

<p>No. I had heard that before my daughter went there and was concerned. Kids always need to be careful wherever they are -- it's not some bucolic campus in the middle of farmland -- but it is not a per se dangerous neighborhood.</p>

<p>dudedad, if you won't give a serious response, please refrain from replying.</p>

<p>lalady, it might not be a dangerous neighborhood, but it is a decent looking neighborhood? I mean, does it look like you're on the wrong side of the tracks or not?</p>

<p>The campus is very attractive, but the surrounding neighborhood isn't particulary attractive, but no worse than many surrounding colleges I have seen. There are lovely areas in Tucson, though.</p>

<p>It's in downtown Tucson, so there are some areas that you should avoid. But it's not particularly unsightly. I'd just refrain from walk too far off campus, by yourself, at night. But that's the rule in most urban places.</p>

<p>hipower calm down jeez. its a free response board, its not like you personally were being attacked.</p>

<p>go south of campus and the neighborhood isnt the best, but its not a compton or anything close. everywhere else is fine.</p>

<p>it's fine, the campus is very attractive and the places students would go are very safe (mostly because they're loaded with students).</p>