Random Questions

Wasn’t sure where to put this article, but could you do what this grad student did? I’m impressed.

I had an acquaintance who lived in my town in NC and commuted to Iowa two or three times a week where she was a professor for several years. She had an apartment there but her husband and son had ties to the community here so they didn’t want to pull up stakes and move.

I admire people who are willing to make personal sacrifices for a goal…whether it’s for their own benefit, as with the grad student, or in your example of your acquaintance, who sounds like she did it for her husband and son.

2 Likes

There is actually a thread on that topic now

1 Like

Looking for hair tie recommendations.

I have very fine, thin, shortish hair. When running or biking, I make a pony tail to keep it from blowing and knotting up. I use small sized round ties, less damaging than a rubber band but still a concern.

TELETIES - Spiral Hair Coils - Ponytail Holder Hair Ties for Women - Phone Cord Hair Ties - Strong Grip, No Rip, Water Resistant, No Crease Hair Tie Coils - 3 pack (Large, Tortoise) https://a.co/d/cTxSmEb

I got some of those on a whim when they were sitting near where I was cashing out one day, I love them!

3 Likes

I use Y.S.Park Shark hair clips. I don’t remember where I purchased them but my hairstylist recommended them. I got them in several colors.

Edited to add: not sure how good it is with very fine hair. There are other clips by the same company that might work for you.

1 Like

Thanks. I see they come in size Large, Small, or Tiny (which is likely best for me).

Slip makes nice silk covered scrunchies. Sold at Nordstrom in multi-packs.

3 Likes

Thanks. I bet silk covered would be kinder to my hair.

My daughter with thin straight hair swears by this style of hair ties.
My hair is thick and I like to use an elastic tie dyed band I buy from a young woman who grew up with my kids. I also use a silk scrunchie for sleep.

Slip silk scrunchies will be on sale during Nordstrom Anniversary sale later this month.

2 Likes

I feel like we’ve discussed this before, but I can’t find anything recent.
Any recommendations for eye cream (or gel) for both above and below eyes? I have fairly sensitive skin, and don’t like products with scent.
TIA

Anybody out there use

Shokz bluetooth headphones? They sit just in front of the ear opening and send the sound through bone conductance. Does not block ear canal so that runners etc. can hear sound around them and presumably not get run over. Oh, the loop in the band goes behind the head.

I have interest because I have perfect hearing in one ear and no (as in 0.00%) hearing in the other ear. As such I have lost stereo hearing and cannot use normal earbuds because then I pick up no outside sound at all and its unsafe. Also, because of the bone conductance I would expect some sound on my deaf side to be conducted to my good ear through my skull.

D has a pair and LOVES them. Guess I need to head over to Best Buy and play.

I have the water version for swimming and I love them. I have had them for about 18 months and still working great. I have used them out of the pool as well, would definitely recommend them.

Replying at the speed of light!! Thank you @my2sonsfromca

My DH and oldest child both use them for work. My H in particular LOVES them as he spends much of his day on calls and hates talking with the phone to his ear all day. Says they’re comfortable, sound is great and he likes that he can keep track of what’s happening around him.

Thanks @vpa2019 , two positive reviews in a matter of hours—gonna absolutely try out this product.

Husband loves them for running. I tried his and hated them. They pressed on my ears in an irritating way. They sounded fine though. Oh well.

1 Like

I see where the Shokz headphones come in a small size as well as ‘regular’. Weird question, but maybe your head is smaller than your hubby’s?