Recommendation Help!

Hi everyone!
I’ll be rushing in the Fall. The problem is that I didn’t know I was for sure rushing until yesterday… So basically I’m behind on everything including recommendation letters. If anyone here could write me one or at least help me find someone to write me one by the July 15th deadline it would be MUCH appreciated. I live in a small town and have tried to find local connections to no avail. I’ve contacted the closest Panhellenic Alumnae so hopefully they’ll be able to help some. I’m kind of desperate at this point. I’ve been stalking this board for a while so I know there are connections on here. Just hoping someone can help!

sshsdancer, your best bet are recs that are as local as possible. In fact, at least one sorority requires a signature from the closest organized alumnae group (although you don’t have to worry about that).
Do your level best to find local recs. Post on your Facebook page, have your mom post on her Facebook page, Both you and she need to KEEP asking around - teachers (back to elementary school!), relatives, ladies where you work or volunteer or go to church, your friends’ mothers & grandmothers, even men who could have wives/sisters/mothers/daughters who might be sorority members. Once you find a sorority member, ask if she knows others.
If you are in the northeast, they may tell you that you don’t need recs, but believe me - in the South, you absolutely do!
In the meantime, go ahead and e-mail your info to the e-mail addresses listed in the chapter profiles on uapanhellenic dot com and ask for help.
Best of luck to you! Roll Tide!

The best place that we found to look was through my mom’s Facebook page. There were so many friends that she went to high school with that were willing to write one and had daughters that were in sororities- some even at the University of Alabama.

A few years back when my D considered rushing (she ended up not doing so), we were faced with this. I was not in a sorority (went to a school without a Greek system) and I did not have a single friend or relative who had been in a sorority. D asked teachers - no sorority women among them. Through the local panhellenic we found that some of her classmates’ mothers had been in sororities. Once we found one sorority woman, we could find more, because she knew many sorority women, who knew many more, who knew many more. You’ll probably find that to be the case with your local panhellenic.