Recommended 300 Level French Class

<p>I just took my French placement exam and ended up scoring higher than I thought I would. I got a 408 which placed me into French 300 level classes. I’m not sure what to take, since there isn’t a basic vocab/grammar type class like French 101. I’m interested in a few of the 300 level classes, but I searched them and saw that Advanced French Grammar is avaiable and would fit in my schedule. Does anyone know if this would be difficult for a first semester freshman? Also, would any more seats for the other French classes be released throughout the summer? Since it’s a junior level class, would they have already released all of the seats? I have a few honors classes and am planning on rushing, so I want to make sure that my schedule isn’t too overwhelming for my first semester on campus.</p>

<p>Send a PM to SEA_Tide </p>

<p>He’s taken a number of French classes.</p>

<p>Thanks! I’ll do that! :)</p>

<p>Our situations are SO similar!
I’m an incoming freshman as well and with dual enrollment French classes I am done with my level 200 classes. I just finished bamabound yesterday and I was actually sent to a special registrar that doesn’t usually deal with orientation/new freshmen because my college advisers didn’t know what to do about French.
They were worried to put me in a level 300 class first semester of freshman year because they’re all big writing, so I was then referred to a French professor. She did in fact recommend the Advanced French Grammar class.</p>

<p>So, even though I wrote you a novel, I hope this is helpful! This all came from UA advisers/professors in person, so it’s all credible! Let me know what time you end up taking it-- we might be in the same class!!</p>

<p>That’s so funny how we’re going through the same thing! I was really surprised when I placed into 300 level classes, but I guess 5 years of French does amount to something! Haha. I was really nervous when it said that all instruction would be in French, since it seems like a difficult course. If the counselors/professors recommend it, though, that’s really reassuring. I know that I definitely have a lot to improve on with my French which makes me lean toward taking French 202 just to build a strong foundation, but I would assume that the placement test gives a pretty accurate estimate of where students should go. It’s all so conflicting! Haha. I want to get the credit and be challenged, but I don’t want to overwhelm myself. Did they give you a good description of what the class would be like? The online explanation was pretty vague. :)</p>

<p>I was also worried that the class would be too hard, but if we’re put in it, it’s for a reason! They wouldn’t purposely try to fail us! Worst comes to worse, we can always drop it. I honestly don’t think that will happen though. The top French prof I talked to, the adviser to the upperclassmen, and my college adviser agree the French Grammar course will be good because it’s at my level and not all writing.
That’s all I know about it, so I’m not too worried! Have you gone to Bama Bound yet? Do you know when you’re taking it?</p>

<p>I have it MW 2:00-3:15. When did you sign up for it? I love the fact that it’s only Mondays and Wednesdays as opposed to the 200 level French courses, since I was able to work my schedule out to have no classes on Friday! :)</p>