Regular Decision Notification date

When are the acceptance dates? On their website it says that April 1 is the notification date but last year people found out as early as February so I am confused.

All decisions will be out by April 1st. Last year they sent out two waves of notifications. February 20 and March 17.

My S submitted his Regular Decision application ** before ** the Early Decision deadline. He was accepted in the first round (Feb 20). I don’t know if the timing of his submission mattered, but I told him that it probably helped :smiley:

Does it seem strange that regular decision applicants are notified on April 1 (all of them at once?) and that they have to submit their response by May 1? Pretty tight window. Is that accurate? STEM2017, based on your comment, what I’ve written isn’t accurate, but still not clear. I am going directly off of what’s on VT’s website. I’m a bit confused. Any help would be appreciated.

April 1st is the last date they will send out notifications. Historically, they have done it earlier and in waves. Again, last year was Feb 20 and March 17.