notification

<p>Is the admissions notification for regular decision applicants really April 1st? </p>

<p>seems so far away</p>

<p>I was thinking the same thing. My son had his complete application submitted by the end of Sept. Seems stupid to have to wait till April for a decision.</p>

<p>When my daughter applied in '03, she got her decision in February. Hopefully they’ll get them out earlier than April 1st.</p>

<p>In 2008, D1 received her acceptance notification in late February as well. She was accepted into the Honors Program and I don’t know if that had any affect on the date.</p>

<p>(Grcxx3 - I’m beginning to suspect that my D2 and your son have applied to a lot of the same schools!)</p>

<p>anybody else hear earlier than april 1?</p>

<p>also, if you have were you accepted in the honors program?</p>

<p>I’m a freshman at VT and I applied RD in January and got accepted in February as an honors eligible student. From what I know, most people who are honors eligible get accepted in February. If you’re honors eligible and don’t hear back in Feb. don’t worry b/c not everyone who is eligible will find out then. Btw, the honors program has a separate application and you find out about that around April I think? Anyway, good luck! :)</p>

<p>I’m sure they would let you know before April. I think around Jan-March sounds about right. As a few members said before, I think most people will be notified around February.</p>

<p>We were told Corps of Cadets are notified in mid February as well.</p>

<p>My son applied regular decision last year and got his acceptance the last week of March (2009). We couldn’t believe it was so late, either, but I think they let everyone not honors-eligible know around the same time.</p>