So... when is the deadline REALLY??

Hey, guys! So last year I know some people found out from VT (the people who applied regular decision) and instead of receiving notifications on April 1st it was actually near the end of February. I was wondering the people who found out earlier in February were the people who got their first choice majors, and the people who found out in April got their second choice. The website doesn’t specify. Thanks!

This doesn’t answer your question about the majors, but it does shed light on the actual “deadline.” This is taken directly from an email they sent my son on Dec. 22.

"Admission Decision Notification: Please note that while Virginia Tech’s published notification date for regular decision freshman applicants who submit their application by January 15, 2017, is April 1, we have made every effort for the past several years to release admission decisions in two rounds: one in February and one in March.

This year, we plan to release one round of admission decisions on February 20, 2017, and another on March 17, 2017. Thousands of applicants will be notified at each round."

Okay, thank you very much :slight_smile: @bsangs

Did your son send a personal email first and then get this reply? Or was this an official email to all applicants? @bsangs

It was an official e-mail @Rwoo24.

Last year DS heard in the first “wave” of decisions, and I’m pretty sure that bunch got their first choice majors (DS did). If you look at the VT Admissions twitter history you might be able to get more info.

@bsangs @Rwoo24 my S received the same email.

This is consistent with what the VT representative told us at a college fair. In previous years you needed to submit by Dec 1 for merit consideration. They changed that this year, but S submitted by that date anyway in hopes of hearing back early.

So, if I applied before December 1, I am more likely to receive an admissions decision earlier than April 1? @jmek15