Rejected/offered PSA by A&M--- is this worth appealing?

I was rejected by A&M today and am wondering if I should appeal and if my appeal could make a significant difference. On my ApplyTexas, I accidentally left off the courses I took/am taking in high school. They are mostly AP/honors/advanced and can see this having an impact on my admission because I don’t have a 4.0. Could this have been my downfall or was I really just not good enough?
ACT: 28
SAT: 1850
GPA: 3.6 (<<< THIS is what I am concerned about, I don’t want them to think I didn’t take hard classes and still only got a 3.6)
I had a ton of extracurricular and awards as well…

I got PSA as well. Why are you so against the PSA option?

I hate to admit I am greatly turned off by it… regardless, I don’t know if my application was fairly assessed considering I didn’t submit it completely filled out.

What exactly was missing. I myself am rather turned off as I have a lot of the required coursework done from another school, I think I would have to repeat this stuff.

As described in my question cough I accidentally left off the classes I took (which were mostly AP/honors classes and most colleges claim to take rigor of coursework highly into consideration). Honestly A&M is not my first choice school but I want to fight for it to keep my options open because it bothers me I may have just had a slip-up on my application and that’s what did me in, therefore if my application is left at PSA I will be promptly rejecting the offer. And if PSA works anything like other schools coordinated admission does, the credits would translate very smoothly and you would not have to repeat anything.

I’d say an incomplete application probably screams ‘I’m not that interested’.However, the information you omitted is on your transcript, it isn’t entirely missing. Maybe you were unaware, but it is pretty competitive to get into TAMU from the review pool. You can always try, but odds are against you with 2nd quarter rank -they take some, but very few so there is a chance but not a big one. If you have already gotten into your #1, you should be like frozen & let it go.

Here’s the Review Admit category breakdown from last year’s stats:

13% Full admission
3% Gateway
19% Blinn Team
42% offered PSA
23% no offer of admission

Admissions cannot help that you did not fully complete your application. If you missed if after you submitted it you should have contacted them back when you submitted it. TAMU is very competitive and they want their students to take things very seriously. Your stats look okay but many applicants have similar to higher stats that were also not offered full admission. If TAMU isn’t your first choice school then I wouldn’t even be concerned about it and just go onto your preferred school of choice. Hope this helps

Someone with a 2160 sat got Blinn. I got full admission, my SAT was low but my GPA and essays carried me over the edge. Admissions can see what classes you took from your transcript, I honestly don’t think it is worth appealing, you should apply as a transfer once you reach 24 hours.

I’ll be really frank, @luciani2730. I skimmed a handful of your other posts. It doesn’t sound like you’re all that interested in A&M. You come across as more interested in UT Austin. Many people apply to both, I suppose, but they’re very different schools.

In one of your posts, you said that you were top 17% (you used the past tense – are you already out of high school?) but in this post you say your class rank is/was 190/447, which is the top 42%.

You “forgot” to fill in your coursework on your application? Hmmm. There’s not a whole lot that needs to go on that application, so I’m wondering … how does one forget? It screams “not that interested!”

And in your response to @CooperMathWorks, you made it sound as though this is more of an ego thing for you – you don’t really care all that much for A&M, but (yes, you want to keep your options open, BUT) it bothers you that you slipped up. Sounds like ego.

So, I suggest you chalk this up to “lessons learned.” (If you’re interested in a place/job/anything, fill out the application. If you’re not interested, don’t apply.)

It’s the entirety of an application that makes or breaks an offer of admission. I’d actually be surprised if you were awarded PSA merely because of an incomplete application anyway. Your class rank may have had something to do with it. I saw on another thread that you are National Hispanic. Maybe one would expect a smart National Hispanic Scholar to achieve a higher class rank? I really don’t know what they were thinking. None of your stats are stellar, but they’re not too shabby either. And then there’s the transcript thing, as AGmomx2 pointed out. Your classes are on your transcript, so I’m pretty sure they saw them. Bottom line: the folks at TAMU admissions know their job, know what they’re looking for, and know how to evaluate an application. Clearly, the balance of your application led them to believe that your best fit at A&M is within PSA.

In my opinion, you should not waste the university’s time by appealing their decision. In the end, the decision will very likely stand. You’d be wasting your own time, too, but … well, I’m more concerned about the university’s time on this one.

@BlakeGrhymes‌ , since you are copy & pasting … the data I quoted above is from mathematical analysis of the TAMU figures released earlier this year not just my guesses, http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/profile. So no ‘sand’ needed, just a calculator (actually the saying is “take with a grain of salt”) :slight_smile:

@agmomx2 I figured you were on that thread as well!