Reply from Rick funk for those of you having issues with your local recruiter

<p>Here is Rick’s reply to me after I sent him a message about the problems many on here have been having with the Chicago area recruiter not returning their emails and phone calls.</p>

<p>Thanks for taking the time to bring attention to this…I can assure you that this is not the type of behavior that we expect from our regionals…</p>

<p>I will be more than happy to have the folks contact me directly with questions that they have about setting up visits to campus that will allow us to schedule them for a tour as well as meetings with different academic departments and services.</p>

<p>If you wouldn’t mind letting folks know that they can contact me at 205-348-9679 or <a href=“mailto:rick.funk@ua.edu”>rick.funk@ua.edu</a> and we will get them taken care of quickly…</p>

<p>Thanks for bringing this to my attention.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Rick Funk
Senior Associate Director
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
The University of Alabama
(205) 348-9679
<a href=“mailto:rick.funk@ua.edu”>rick.funk@ua.edu</a>
[Undergraduate</a> Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://www.gobama.ua.edu%5DUndergraduate”>http://www.gobama.ua.edu)</p>

<p>Now THIS sounds more like the response I would expect from Alabama after everything I’ve always read on this board. It’s good to have another person to call - thanks NJ!</p>

<p>Whatever they have been paying that Chicago recruiter, I say they should give it to mom2collegkids, whom I guarantee, has recruited more kids from Chicago to go to Bama than the Bama recruiter has…!</p>

<p>Happy Fourth CCer’s…!</p>

<p>I agree. Anyone want to chip in to get Mom a little statue somewhere on campus? lol. Maybe the UA alumni group in Huntsville should get to know this master recruiter, and show her a little appreciation!</p>

<p>No doubt. Rick should offer her a full time paying job of internet recruiter. She’s done wonders in getting the UA name out to some top flight OOS kids.</p>

<p>Sent from my DROIDX using CC App</p>

<p>^ AMEN! Count us as among those who would never have even considered UA had mom2collegekids not told us about the merit-aid opportunities. Bama wasn’t even on our radar screens. And now, thanks to mom2ck, older son will be attending in the fall, and younger son is thinking seriously of applying for 2013. </p>

<p>Three cheers for mom2collegekids!</p>

<p>Add us to the list of people at UA because of mom2 ck’s postings on this Board.</p>

<p>I totally agree…I was ready to give up on UA after trying twice to contact Bethany. All was saved once I found this board and M2ck!! Hip Hip Horay!</p>

<p>I found out about the honors college because of M2ck- and that is where my daughter is heading. Thanks, m2ck.</p>

<p>You’re all too sweet!</p>

<p>:)</p>