Requirements

<p>What are the requirements for Frost, University of Miami?</p>

<p>I'm a sophomore and I would like to know the requirements of getting into Frost school of Music. I have around a 3.8 and am in every vocal group at school (Choir, Chamber, and Jazz), regionals and sectionals. I'm also in community choir and Bach Festival, as well as Monterey Jazz Festival Camp. I also take voice lessons and have around 6 years experience on Piano and Keyboard. I have not taken the SAT or ACT yet and I was wondering about what I can improve and how I can improve both musically and academically in the next 2 years as well as my chances of getting in. I want to know if I'm heading toward the right direction. Thank you!!</p>

<p>Hi! I’d like to start off by saying I’m applying for engineering and that I know nothing about music other than my preferences. However, I am going to tell you’ve what I’ve read, heard, etc. </p>

<p>From my experience, keep you’re grades up! Junior year is one of the most important years. Colleges love upward trends, so if you get As and Bs, try for more As. Also, Miami loves seeing rigorous courses. When it comes to ACT and SAT, take both and take them early. Taking them early gives you plenty of time to improve. Futhermore, some students preform better on one test than the other. For example, i scored 1350/1850 on the SAT and a 31 on the ACT. </p>

<p>That’s just general stuff. If you want to get into Frost, get involved in as much music extracurriculars as you can. Also, take music classes. One of my friends even started a club where music students gave music lessons to other students for a small donation. The donations were then given to a charity. Try to volunteer at a place involved in music. Colleges like to see a passion, and if you can show music is your passion, it will increase your chances of admission. Furthermore, Frost requires an audition of some kind. It plays a big role in your admission, so you could start thinking about what you want to do.</p>

<p>That’s the best I can do :slight_smile: Hopefully, a Frost student will comment to give you some better information. But keep in mind, you’re a sophomore! Keep you’re options open. I changed my mind a million times as a junior. I wish you luck!</p>