Returner Housing Application for 2015-2016 Available at Noon today

The following information was sent to current residents this morning about how to apply to live on campus again next year.

Hope this helps,
Janine

The online housing application for current residents will be available beginning at noon CST today, Jan. 12. The deadline to submit the application is 11:59 PM Central Standard Time on January 31st.

In order to begin your housing application, please go to http://myhousing.ua.edu, and log in using your MyBama username and password. Once you have logged in, click on the Application menu and select the Academic Year 2015-2016. For Step 1 of the recontracting process (today through 11:59 PM January 31st) you will only be able to complete Steps 1-4 (“Welcome” through “Emergency Contact Details”) of the housing application. There is no deposit required at this time. Students will be notified whether they can continue with recontracting on February 3rd. Step 2 of the recontracting process (Pay the deposit and sign the contract) will begin on February 6th.

For planning purposes, the room selection dates are listed below:

Stay Put (Select to stay in the same space) – Begins on March 3 at noon and ends on March 4 at noon
Roommate Pull-In For Stay Put – Begins on March 4 at noon and ends on March 5 at noon
Same Building, Different Room – Begins on March 5 at noon and ends on March 6 at noon
Different Building, Different room – Begins on March 6 at noon and ends on March 13 at midnight – depending on student classification

The complete room selection email with more details will be sent out to those students that are eligible to participate in room selection in early February.

If you have questions about completing your application or the room selection process, please contact HRC staff using one of the methods provided below.

Housing and Residential Communities
Telephone: 205-348-6676
Toll-free: (888) 498-BAMA
Fax: 205-348-7135
Email: housing@sa.ua.edu
Web: http://housing.ua.edu
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/UAHousing
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/HousingatBama

Thank you, Janine!

Hi Janine! I seem to be in an endless loop. After I hit “save and Continue” on page four the page does not indicate that I am done. It’s a little distressing. Is that it?

I’m a current freshman and my page says “The application process is not currently available to you”. Is anyone else having this problem? Getting kinda worried…

EDIT: Well, it worked by applying on my iPhone but not on my Mac. … I hope that the 20 minute delay didn’t cost me on-campus housing for next year. Don’t have a back-up plan if I don’t get on-campus housing

TexasApex: Yes,same problem.

amy9998, if you have a smart phone try applying on that. I had the issue on my Mac but it worked when I tried to apply on my iPhone

The application is not showing as complete for me… steps 2-4 will not say complete, even though I’ve hit save & continue. Is anyone else having this issue?

Classicchip, I have the same issue, along with the loop after step 4 like Cuttlefish123 mentioned.

I believe that it will say INCOMPLETE (when you log off and try to get in again) until the next step in early Feb (when we PAY). If you did “save and continue” at step 4 (emergency contacts), you should be good to go. I will keep checking and will report back ASAP if I find out anything different.

Yeah, mine says “Not Complete” when I log off and back on, and the little circles on 2-4 are white instead of blue.
Thank you guys! Was worried that there was another issue haha.

We DID have a glitch that may have caused the loop for a few minutes, but it should be fixed by now. If anyone is still experiencing issues, please call our main office. Amy, sent you a PM. :slight_smile:

It will say “Not Complete” at this time, so no worries on that front. Also, a 20-minute delay should not affect your placement.

Thanks,
Janine

This is what my D’s housing application “start” page looks like.

Academic Year 2015-2016
Application Started Application Started: 1/12/2015 12:04:00 PM
Not Complete

So this is the way it should look?

Part of my confusion stems from the fact that I can hit “save and continue” for the 4th page of the housing application.

Thanks Janine!! (Cuttlefish123: Yes, that’s how it should look!)

Thank you!!! I appreciate your help!!!

It won’t say ‘complete’ until you’ve received notice that you can get housing…and you’ve paid your deposit…so, yes, ‘incomplete’ is what it will/should say now. As long as you have an application started/entered - that’s the main thing.

@UAHousing Janine, when my daughter went to apply for housing as a returning student, the only application available to her was that for an incoming freshman for the 2015-16 school year. Odd, I know. Not knowing what to do and knowing that time was of the essense, that application was filled out and the deposit asked for was paid. A call was made to Housing to ask for help, but I still feel uneasy… Especially since a returning student’s application should say “not complete” and her’s says “complete”… I emailed UAHousing asking for someone to double check my daughter’s application, but Iknow you guys are swamped right now… Any advice?

ProudBamaMama, please email Cathy Morris at cmorris@sa.ua.edu or Marc Knight at mpknight@sa.ua.edu to get this resolved tomorrow.

Thanks,
Janine

@UAHousing Thanks, Janine! I will definitely do that.

Janine @UAHousing‌ - if ah honors freshman student is below 3.3 at the end of Fall semester, are they eligible to stay in honors housing for sophomore year? It is possible that it can be brought up by spring of Freshman year, but may need an additional semester to bring it up. Thank you!

You would need to reach out to Honors College about when that student is no longer considered an Honors College student. The information that comes over for Housing purposes is going to be Honors/ not Honors. If a student no longer has the designation of Honors student, then he or she would not be eligible for Honors housing the next year, and could not select their same Honors space from freshman year.

Hope this helps,
Janine