Recontracting for Housing Question

<p>Hope you all had wonderful holidays and are enjoying your children! Our son had a wonderful first semester at UA and we are certainly blessed.</p>

<p>Due to conflicts, he missed the recontracting web broadcast. We both been trying to view the webcast on UA housing but cannot access wimba. Regarding recontracting, all we are able to do is edit his information but cannot contract. Is everyone else at this standpoint? Have we missed something?</p>

<p>As always, your input and assistance is very much appreciated.</p>

<p>Did your son do the recontracting? </p>

<p>Application
The online application for current campus residents who wish to live on campus in fall 2012 is available beginning October 1, 2011. Students must submit this application between October 1, 2011, and February 1, 2012, in order to be eligible for housing; however, returning students are not guaranteed housing. The initial housing application serves only to indicate a student’s interest in returning to campus housing, and make him/her eligible for the remaining recontracting process. No contract or deposit is due with the initial application. </p>

<p>Housing Contract
Students who submit their housing application prior to the February 1 deadline will be eligible to complete the recontracting process by submitting their contract and deposit, depending on available space. Students who can submit their housing contract will be notified by HRC in early February through their Crimson e-mail address to complete this step online. Students who cannot complete the recontracting process at that time will be placed on a waiting list for housing. </p>

<p>Housing Deposit
Students who submit their housing application prior to the February 1 deadline will be eligible to complete the recontracting process by submitting their contract and deposit, depending on available space. Students who can pay their $250.00 housing deposit will be notified in early February through their Crimson e-mail address to complete this step online. Students who complete the recontracting process (application, contract, deposit) are guaranteed on-campus housing. </p>

<p>Room Selection
Students who are able to complete the entire recontracting process (application, contract, and deposit) will be eligible for the online room selection process, which begins in early spring. The entire schedule will be posted on their HRC web site and e-mailed to students through their Crimson e-mail account.</p>

<p>My younger son hopes to get a spot in his Fraternity house Fall 2012. I asked him when he finds out if a room is available. </p>

<p>His reply: “I don’t know, my guess is at the end of the semester.” </p>

<p>My reply: " You need to find out way before then, you have to re contract with UA housing before then!" </p>

<p>His reply: “Oh, I didn’t know that.” </p>

<p>Oh the joys of transitioning our children to adults!.. : )</p>

<p>I plan on sitting down this week to walk him through this process and remind him to take responsibility for this kind of stuff. </p>

<p>LessonS to be taught: ALWAYS HAVE A PLAN …AND… ALWAYS HAVE A BACK-UP PLAN.</p>

<p>my daughter’s sorority is signing housing contracts right around now.</p>

<p>We signed our housing contract for the sorority before DD returned home for Xmas break. She already knows she has a spot in the sorority house for 2012-2013 since she has a position on Exec.</p>

<p>Thanks all…M2CK especially!</p>

<p>DS did that initial recontracting thing. I assume the next step is the deposit?</p>

<p>Yes, look for an email on Feb 2.</p>