Rice University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

hey, so my counselor reached out and they told them they will be released Wednesday, Dec 14 at 5pm CT (6PM EST).

4 Likes

ooh ok thank you! Good luck everyonee

2 Likes

Thank you sharing here. And just after you did few hours later, my son received his email from Rice.

Rice University will release admission, scholarship and financial aid decisions for Early Decision applicants in the Rice Admission Student Portal on Wednesday, Dec. 14 after 5 p.m. CT.

2 Likes

I did not get accepted. Sad, but moving on.

My daughter got in!

7 Likes

Any one else hear from Rice?

A friend of mine was deferred.
He had a 1450 (superscore 1480) on the SAT
His IB predicted was 40/42
International, full-pay
He held a minor position on the student council.

Very few students get deferred at Rice. If your friend is interested in attending they should reach out to admissions and express their interest.

Hi! Do you have info by any chance of the number of people that get accepted after deferral? I was recently deferred and want to know what my chances are realistically for the RD round lol.

I do not know the number accepted after deferral. However, in years past less than 10% were deferred. So your application must really be strong. You might get your high school counselor to reach out to admissions. Sometimes they can find information that would get an acceptance.

2 Likes