RISE Applicants 2023

Didn’t see a thread for RISE applicants this year, so I decided to start one.

Did anyone get to the matching phase for RISE yet? I got an email stating that “All applicants will receive an email by the end of the month with a formal status update on whether you have advanced to the matching phase of the admissions process. We would ask you to please not reach out to us regarding the status of your application during this time period as we are unable to prioritize the review of any individual applications.” I still haven’t heard back from them. Is this a good or bad sign, and has anyone gotten their results?

1 Like

We got the same email.

Is RISE program very competitive ?

Yes, it is a very competitive program with around a 7% acceptance rate.

1 Like

Do any of you guys know if we have an additional note section we can add? Like for updates on our SAT scores.

Are you all internship track or practicum? So hoping to receive great news soon!

RISE rejected.

rejected, did other people also get the suggestion to apply to honors?

1 Like

yes

same here rejected. Did anyone got accepted? if yes, would like to know their credentials. Thanks

Whoever get accepted, would you please post your profile so those like me whoever get rejected understand what kind of genius can get accepted? I feel I am pretty good already, straight A student since 8th Grade and do research work every week. I also built a website using MERN stack, self-learned CPU hardware things and built a 8bit CPU… I am so passion about CS, but my application got rejected. Is it because I didn’t have any competition reward? I spent all my time trying to build a website. This is not easy, I did from scratch by myself, from frontend to backend.

1 Like

I did not have any competition reward either. Do not understand. I am straight A student too. Does test score matter ? I don’t remember if they asked for test score. I applied to few other programs too. All rejected. They all say record number of applications. My SAT was 1520. How can they judge from few essay responses? I would be really interested in knowing the credentials of those who got accepted.

My kid has advanced to the next step. I don’t think he has better credentials than any of you. I’m convinced it’s random.

Would you mind sharing ur kid’s profile?

My son was rejected from BU RISE and MIT RSI but just got accepted to Iowa SSTP. I think there are so many highly qualified applicants that you can’t take any rejections personally. Best of luck to those of you waiting for results from other programs!

My son has advanced onto the matching round for internships. Does anyone know how likely it is that he will get matched? We looked at the 2022 thread and some people seemed to indicate that they were unmatched by June but no one indicated that they failed to match before the start of the program.

His preference is for chemistry/bio-chem. He attended Cosmos last summer. He has a bit of research experience at a research university, mostly to help the researchers cross-check information and updates for papers about to be published and (ironically enough) help them prepare lecture materials for college classes. He’s a leader for his school Science Olympiad but the team as a whole isn’t that great.

He scored a 1590 on the SAT and a 1520 on the PSAT, for whatever that’s worth. 4.0 UW gpa and an AP-laden schedule in 10th and 11th grades.

He worked pretty hard on his essays and I proofed them but I cannot tell you how they compare to others.

He’s already been rejected by Simmons.

1 Like

Hi there- I’m was fortunate enough to be accepted. I’m happy to discuss privately if you are willing to provide contact details.

Must be a lot of people turning down BU Rise. I got in and 2 close friends were put on the wait list. Both have been contacted over the past 24 hours and offered spots. Happy to have two friends with me for the summer, but wonder what programs people are taking and turning down BU Rise for?

1 Like

Did we have to email them back to confirm a spot or fill anything out?

No, they ask that you contact them immediately if you are no longer interested in participating.