Robertson Scholarship at Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill

I don’t think anything is “auto” in holistic admissions these days and nothing should be taken for granted. Also, by selecting the preference for UNC, wouldn’t that telegraph to Duke that you’re not interested?

i heard some people say that the semifinalist notification comes out in a rolling basis? idk if people are in the second wave of semifinalists (the ppl who get notified later throughout the week) please let us know in the thread!

Are we just assuming that no email today means rejection?

1 Like

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing some stats and extracurriculars so I know what it takes to be Robertson Scholar material?

1 Like

It was only an email, nothing on my portal

i had a 1510 and 4.53 GPA. I dont want to be too specific bc some of the activities are pretty rare and would make me easy to identify :sob::sob: but theyre all related to education equity in public schools, politics/public policy, and history!

1 Like

I heard on here that they send notifs in waves, so i think so!

Did your kid only apply for duke? I applied for both (with a preference to duke) and my email said that the invitation wasnt school specific.

Did you notice your portal changed at all if you were accepted? Also see people accepted just notified yesterday or is it rolling?

My portal didn’t change at all, ive heard on here that its rolling. I think i was just lucky to hear early!

1 Like

Did anyone who applied for just one school receive a notification? I committed to Duke in the normal college application ED round (and was accepted!) so I only chose to apply to Duke. Since semifinalists this year aren’t school specific and only finalists will move forward with the individual schools I am slightly concerned by when us “one-school” applicants will be notified.

I just got an email 2 hours ago notifying me to schedule an interview. I only had a single preference for Duke (didn’t apply to UNC). Does this indicate anything for admissions chances? Or is it completely separate? (Gonna be cruel if they make me a robertson semi-finalist and then reject my application to the uni lmao)

Not true. More invitations were sent out even today. It is rolling through next week.

Thank you for the response! Has anyone received a semi-finalist interview request who listed UNC as their only choice?

Is there a date when unsuccessful candidates will be notified?

1 Like

Probably after the semifinals interviews are over - it finishes on January 22 from my understanding

Are semifinals interviews happening currently?

1 Like

Has anyone been notified recently? Either acceptance or rejection?

haven’t heard of anyone notified recently positively or negatively. Strange process as it seems they are sending rolling invitations over a few weeks. However, the applications were filed in November so why can’t the few hundred semi-finalists be notified at same time and then the rest be notified of them not moving forward.

1 Like

I wish they would just send out the rejections since it seems semifinalists have already been notified. Not sure what they are waiting for.