RSI 2021 - Applicants Thread

Not sure how to DM here? My daughter applied this year but she was a sophomore

Not sure how to DM here?

Wow, only 5-10 alternates? Where did you read that? If it’s true, it makes me feel a lot better.

Does anyone know the acceptance rate for alternates?

Historically very low, unfortunately. Pretty much the only reasons have been severe sickness or being accepted into MOP and thinking you have a shot at IMO Gold.

People may drop out if the program becomes virtual again.

1 Like

wait why do you say that? it will be virtual, CEE confirmed in the email.

1 Like

I read it in a previous thread! Not sure how accurate it is though

Some people, especially wet-lab researchers, may prefer in-person internships/positions over virtual programs. Not everyone is in it for the prestige.

1 Like

Could we chat offline, I would like to learn about your ECs, social organizations you created and also your experience at SSI. I got accepted to SSI and will be doing that this summer.

3 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Seems like if you have to make at least 15 posts/messages on CC, only after that you will again the ability to dm someone. Then you should be able to right click on the person’s username and send a direct message.

1 Like

Yes, looks like one needs quite a few messages to get that privilege. Fwiw, son goes to public high school in Montgomery County (is a junior)

Did anyone get in from a urm state?

Got in from the east coast! Would love to make a gc with yall!

2 Likes

Is there anyone accepted here from MA? PM me because I would love to get to know you!!

Yes, I would too! I’m on the east coast as well!!

1 Like

If anyone’s accepted from CT, PM me! I’ve got some news for you.

1 Like

New CC member so please PM me lol

Haha I am too, so I can’t PM either

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! If there’s anyone like myself who wasn’t accepted to rsi, but wants to connect with other rsi hopefuls or start a gc to talk about interests, summer programs, etc, feel free to pm me!