Rutgers University New Brunswick Early Action for Fall 2024

Rutgers University - New Brunswick offers Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2024 admission at Rutgers is November 1, 2023.

Admission decisions are announced in waves, but all early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by January 31, 2024. For more information visit the Rutgers University - New Brunswick page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Rutgers applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Rutgers University - New Brunswick? Why Rutgers? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

1 Like

My son submitted his application through Common App. He set up his application portal. In the portal, it looks like every item on his application got imported automatically. So the portal, itself, shoes his info, academics/education, activities, etc. This is the only portal I’ve ever seen like that. The issue is that the activities section, as shown on the portal, is a mess. None of his volunteer activities show the organization names or descriptions. Does anyone else have this?

Based on past years experience, I wish they spent some money on improving their admission/application portal. They should also limit the application to two schools. Beyond two you might as well apply undeclared.

Do you think my son should contact them about how my son’s activities on the portal are missing a lot of info compared to what was submitted on the common app? Or is the way it appears on the portal nothing like what the AOs see?

Sure. Call them as ECs are considered important in the rutger’s cds. Most likely it is a software glitch in importing from common app.

Thanks. Probably a good idea. I believe this is the first year they are using Common App, so probably some bugs to work out.

When I tried to submit my transfer application it says “insufficient access” does anyone know what the cause of this could be

1 Like

Anyone’s transfer applications under review yet?

If the hope it to be admitted to the Honors College, does it matter whether students apply EA (vs RD)? If they apply RD instead of EA will their chance of being admitted to Honors go down?

Rutgers says you can apply in either round to be considered for HC, but I personally don’t know anyone who applied RD. Given that the two deadlines are only a month apart, why not apply EA?

Just know that when you write that Honors Essay it is not solely for the Honors College is it for all the various/multiple Honors Programs that they offer. You can potentially be offered HC, and Honors Program at a particular Rutgers College your major is housed in or nothing.

1 Like

hello, my daughter is filling out the SRAR after submitting the application. in the SRAR, it is asking cumulative weighted gpa in x of x scale. is the scale for weighted GPA generally be 5? the school does not show unweighted GPA only weighted GPA.

1 Like

I’d recommend asking her guidance counselor. There seems to be a lot of variation in how schools report GPA, and ideally the SRAR would match the school report. My son’s school reports both weighted and unweighted out of 4.0. So, for example, if someone had a weighted GPA of 4.2, that would read 4.2 on a 4.0 scale.

1 Like

We got a note today from our HS. counselor saying that Rutgers had issues with their site

“For all students who submit their application by November 1, we are extending the early action due date to submit all required credentials, including the SRAR to November 10”

Our counselor said to disregard this note if you already submitted the application and linked the SRAR.

2 Likes

When do Rutgers NB Early action decisions typically comes in? Thanjs

1 Like

Based on prior years, they roll out in bunches with about half in December and half in January.

2 Likes

It varies.
In 2021 (for Fall 2022), there was a small wave of decisions today (Nov 18th), and then two waves in December followed by another around mid January.
Last year (for Fall 2023), they only seem to have released decisions on Dec 21st and then Jan 18th.

So, it’s hard to predict what they’ll do this year. This is the first year they went to the Common App so I expect they got many more applications, and results may come out later.

1 Like

Is it same for Rutgers-Newark campus too?

"My son applied to the New Brunswick campus Early Action, but as his fourth choice, we selected Newark Campus for the College of Arts and Sciences. Today, we received a notification of acceptance from the Newark Campus. His preference is New Brunswick with a business major but it is still under review.

1 Like