Rutgers University New Brunswick Early Action for Fall 2024

No. Newark responds sooner, and in multiple waves starting mid November.

1 Like

Noted and thanks for the information.

1 Like

Congratulations on the acceptance.

When did he apply and to what major?

Note: Rutgers does not admit by major. It admits by school. In fact, students donā€™t declare their major until (typically) sophomore year.

College Letter of Arts and Sciences and applied on Oct 30.

I find a tick against the decision made box on the portal but nothing exactly regarding the decision - so not sure if its the same for others

If it says decision made you should be able to click on ā€œview decisionā€ and read the decision.
I donā€™t know if it has changed this year, but unlike other schools there used to be no confetti or even a letter. Just a single word next to the name of the school: Admitted or Denied.

Does Rutgers Newark not give scholarships once admitted?

Iā€™m not sure. Maybe ask on the Newark thread.
This is the New Brunswick thread.

My sonā€™s says In review. Was your Decision made box highlighted?

This is what I see but nothing further to click

Not sure what this means

You need to click on ā€œView My Admission Status.ā€ This should tell you which of the schools/campuses has made its decision. They have different timelines for admissions even though its a common application.

1 Like

Checked that as well and they are either in review or in process

When I investigate last year there was some sort of mini wave of acceptances in November? I donā€™t think that happened this year? What are the chances of it happening soon?

There have been mini waves in prior years too (my daughter was accepted in one of them). There are very few in this initial round so you may not hear of it. Itā€™s usually the 3rd week of November and Iā€™m guessing there was one this year as well.

1 Like

Hi did your decision come through? Were you able to click the Decision made status? My sonā€™s shows Under Review. Thanks

No - still under review

1 Like

just here to vent that I do not like the portal and the fact that it still has a ā€œlockā€ image next to under review and not a check mark after being submitted several months ago is wild.

thanks for coming to my ted talk

2 Likes

My DD doesnā€™t even have the check mark for under review yet even though everything has been submitted for over a month.

1 Like