Safety in Philly area nursing schools?

What direct entry nursing schools in Philly are in relatively safe areas (for campus and travel to clinicals)?
and what do you think of their nursing program in general?

From the direct entry list I see that these schools are in the area, wondering if anyone has good feedback:

Drexel University PA
Holy Family University PA
LaSalle University PA
Temple University PA

Did I miss any? (Aside from UPenn, too much of a reach fo rus anyway )

Thanks!

Temple nursing school is located in the medical campus near Temple University Hospital, in a very dangerous part of North Philly (worse than the main campus). I don’t know what kind of security measures are in place for nursing students traveling between the main campus and the medical campus. The main campus itself has excellent security. Holy Family is in Northeast Philly, which I believe is a relatively safer area. Drexel is in the same West Philadelphia area as Penn (University City). The immediate surrounding area is gentrified, so relatively safe. Some other parts of West Philly not so much. From my years as a disability claims adjudicator for Social Security, I learned that the area around Presbyterian Hospital is pretty bad. A fair number of my claimants refused to attend appointments scheduled there. I’ve heard that La Salle is in a not-so-great neighborhood but don’t personally know much about that area.

You already know about West Chester. Other possible schools with nursing programs in the greater Philly area (some closer to Philly than others) include Villanova, Eastern, Immaculata, Gwynedd Mercy, and Widener.

I agree with Kidz, above. Temple’s nursing location scares me. It is very different from the main campus, which is usually fine. There are a large number of gang killings in the adjacent neighborhoods.

Drexel and Holy Family should be fine. LaSalle is near some questionable areas, but as long as you are careful, it should be fine.

Neumann? York?

Of the schools you listed, Holy family is in the safest neighborhood
As was already mentioned, it is located in the Northeast section of Philly which will almost have a suburban feel compared to the others listed.
However, it will not have the same campus/College feel as La Salle or Temple
Many students do commute to HF.
All have a very good reputation for Nursing Majors

Neumann is in affluent suburbs, which I would expect would be safe. However, it is a very small campus, so it may not be a place you want to spend much of your time.

York College is at the edge of the city of York, right next to some very pleasant suburbs. There are a few crime-ridden areas a few blocks from the campus, but with some exceptions, the crime does not regularly affect students. The College has a strong security program, because they have so many criminal justice majors who want to be cops and who work for the college. The residence halls are mostly fenced in, and as of a couple years ago, they were checking IDs for people driving onto the campus at night.

I just looked again at the area around Temple’s nursing school, and there are some very dangerous areas to the east. I imagine if you jump onto the subway right at the hospital campus, it might not be bad, but I wouldn’t try to find an apartment within walking distance of the nursing school. The main campus is now much safer than it used to be, but that is about 15 blocks south.

You can look up crime reports for every college in the US. Google clery report and the name of the college.

here’s the report for Temple. See health sciences campus for the nursing school. However, realize that crime that occurs one block off of college property probably will not be included.

https://safety.temple.edu/sites/campussafety/files/file_downloads/ASAFSR2017_FINAL_CHARTS_508.pdf