San Jose State University Nursing

I’ll be a junior in high school this year and am seriously thinking about applying to San Jose State University for nursing.
I realize its not direct entry which sucks but is it hard to get into after completing your first two years? Also since I live across the country I wouldn’t be able to visit the campus so is it nice there?

Calif State schools are impacted for many majors and I assume they are for nursing as well. You need to look into acceptance rates for programs you are interested in. Some CA students are going outside of CA to go to nursing school since the programs are so overbooked.

All Cal state Nursing programs are impacted meaning far more applicants than spots. You really should consider visiting since everyone’s perspective is different especially if you plan to pay over $36K/year to attend. SJSU like many Cal states is a commenter campus, so if this an issue you may want to look at some more residential CSU’s. Also as @Lakemom pointed out even in-state nursing applicants are unable to get into the CA nursing schools and are going OOS. I suggest you reexamine why SJSU or California in particular.

Nursing school admission information:
http://info.sjsu.edu/web-dbgen/catalog/departments/NURS-section-1.html

What that means is if you even get into the program, you may not graduate in four years so that means extra semesters of tuition. Some Calif students are looking to go to nursing school out of state for this reason so coming to Calif might not be the best plan.