Nursing In California

I just finished applying to 9 nursing programs in California.

University of San Francisco
Azusa Pacific
Cal Baptist
UC Irvine
Sonoma State
Sacramento State
Stanislaus State
Cal State San Marcos
Cal State Channel Islands

My GPA is 4.16 and my SAT is 1230.
I also work as a lifeguard, ride horses, play the piano and have done a lot of community service.

-Should I be considering any other nursing programs? I would prefer to stay in California, but I am open to hearing about other schools in nearby states like Arizona and Oregon.
-Have any of these schools started sending acceptance letters?/When will these schools start sending acceptance letters?
-Based on my test scores and extracurriculars, am I competitive enough to get into at least one of these schools as a nursing major?

You realize that the Cal States listed, none of these are direct admit programs, so you are not admitted into the Nursing program but are admitted as Pre-Nursing and still have to apply to the Nursing programs after you complete the pre-req courses? CSU’s will not consider EC’s.

I think you will get into all the CSU’s, Azusa Pacific and Cal Baptist (another non direct admit program).

USF could go either way due to your SAT score and UCI will be a Reach.

You might want to consider Arizona State which does have a direct admit program.

CSU acceptances usually start in February, UCI in March and I am unsure about the rest. Best of luck.

In addition to ASU I would recommend University of Portland. It is direct entry and offers good merit. Since you applied to CSUs you might check the box for SDSU (it is direct entry) and see what happens. Good luck.

My sister in law to be recently (last five years) graduated from SDSU nursing. Loved it, thought the program was great, and is now happily employed at a hospital in the area. I think SDSU requires all nursing majors to participate in a study abroad program (you might want to confirm this if it interests you) which I thought was great. Don’t know anything about admittance into the nursing program.

SDSU’s Nursing program is highly competitive and along with Cal state Fullerton. Your SAT can be an issue since it is on the lower side for these direct admit programs but worth applying.