Nursing School Hunt

Hi, lately I have been looking for a good nursing undergraduate BSN program. Which ones are the best? Google isn’t very helpful, haha.
What I am looking for:

• Not too competitive
  • In California
  • I would prefer direct entry, but it does not have to be
  • Public schools are ideal

If you can offer me any info that’d be great! Thank!! :slight_smile:

What are your Stats? Look into Azusa Pacific and Mount St Mary’s for less competitive schools. Direct entry programs will always be more competitive than the Pre-Nursing programs where you apply after 2 years of undergrad or consider the CCC then transfer route.

Other people from California on this website have concluded that it was worth their while to also look at out of state direct entry programs, because admission to public university nursing programs is very difficult in Cal. You can find a recent post with admissions stats for UCLA, which I imagine is probably the most difficult of all. Someone noted that there are some discounts for tuition for Calif. residents at Nevada public colleges??

Also, if you are eligible for substantial merit aid or need-based aid, some private colleges can compare in price to in-state publics. Most colleges provide most of their aid in either merit aid OR in need-based aid. You can check the online calculators to get a rough estimate. Some colleges post criteria online for automatic merit based aid.

Also, I’d check to see if you are eligible for grants from the State of California and whether those grants can or cannot be used out of state.

There also are a few western states with reasonably priced out of state tuition.

Hey!
Azusa Pacific like someone mentioned above

UCI and UCLA are competitive but awesome :slight_smile:

the CSU (esp. Long Beach) are good too!!!